1 hour ago, Briain said:

Hi

All good here, thank you! I've been shielding my old mum for the last 12 months (and she sleeps in the lounge all day) so the only chance I have to play music is when I'm making dinner (the Klimax system's been used about twice in the past 12 months and the Akurate system has been switched off for over a year). The attached photo shows my latest Hi-Fi system (typically playing the Amazon 90s dance music channel) and though there's no SO to tweak it, I have carefully tuned it by optimising the position and - of course - by optimising the quantity of soap powder in its stand (I'm pretty sure that Phil Budd explained all about optimising soap box speaker stands on the old Linn forum; if not, he really should have). ;) :D 

BriainKitchenHiFI.jpeg.8010c16c39ca9b6fbb8fb591b69cce2a.jpeg

I should add that yes, I have since washed the floor (and that it ruined the sound quality).

Bri :) 

PS I do have some Linn ceiling speakers - which I'll eventually install - but I'm pondering just getting an Audio Pro Addon C5A (the version with Alexa built-in) and plonking it atop the fridge as a 'stop gap' solution. I've never heard one, but I'd be reasonably confident that it'll better a series one Echo.

I am very interested in your experiments with placing speakers on top of soap boxes.

‘Do you find any particular brand of soap to have better acoustic properties, and does it matter how much soap is in the soap box. The reason I ask, is if you have more soap in the box, does help clean up the highs even better?

By the way, is there an optimal amount of dirt on the floor that gives the best acoustic properties, and wondering if you have done a microbiological analysis of the best mould to grow on your floor to get the best sound stage?

Thank you in advance!!  🤪

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I find it amusing to observe all of the complaints and criticism being leveled against Linn, and very little seeming support from anyone other than the usual suspects. With respect to the complai

Hi Interesting to watch and great to see some of my friends at Linn Products (haven't seen anyone for years). I had previously speculated (both on the old Linn forum and directly to other Linn ow

My neighbour has owned both Ferrari & McLaren. I did ask him if he was going to upgrade to a nice quiet electric car. Personally, I’d sooner own a top Linn system than an expensive car and can’t u

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Baba Yaga said:

I confess guilty, my money will go elsewhere (992 is due in July) but no longer to Linn. They got enough of mine (if only they were so kind to finally repair the Klimax hub).

not surprised I think you have been treated very badly 

15 hours ago, Nrwatson said:

not surprised I think you have been treated very badly 

At least it is en route now, whether already in Scotland is not clear.

My trusted dealer promised to talk to Linn about two things, the repair cost of the Klimax hub as the issues started just before the warranty expired and the recent Katalyst upgrade of my 350s last year.

I‘m not overly optimistic but let’s see what’s going to happen...

Will have fingers crossed for you 

• Like 1
  • Jail4CEOs2 changed the title to Linn's new Organik DAC

I have to admit, I'm quite lucky. History tells me that my long suffering wife will stick a plant, vase or lamp on top as soon as it enters our home. So really, not too bothered what it looks like.

I am though looking forward to listening to one just in case it's as good as it should be.

5 days and counting......

• Like 1