New Linn Klimax DSM.... I nearly fell off my chair!

Just now, mac72 said:

Yes , correct let me be more specific : few willing to spend that kind of money on a streamer/preamplifier ;-)

Yes that’s true. Some Linn users are not happy.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you pay £30k, the very least you want, is 2 front feet. 

Only about 25k overpriced I guess 

I watched the launch live, there were 162 watching and as soon as the mentioned the price, half left. How on earth can this be nearly twice as much as the last model. Seriously!!

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, StingRay said:

Yes that’s true. Some Linn users are not happy.

I am Linn user * but quite happy 

* - not a blind fanatic though

The dcs Rossini + clock which is around £5k less seems the most obvious benchmark for comparison.

6 minutes ago, StingRay said:

Well let’s just say the comments on their forum are very mixed.

I try not to go there tbh , I just like their digital sources and owned quite few their cd players and a couple streamers but for a while I've been  thinking about going elsewhere as their control app is pants and I need to use Roon for a problem free music replay 

4 minutes ago, JamieMcC said:

The dcs Rossini + clock which is around £5k less seems the most obvious benchmark for comparison.

It’s the new and outgoing Klimax that need comparing to half justify the cost difference but I doubt very much that the linn roadshow will do that 😉

£2.25K (below)

phoenix.jpg.f9a373042b76d75096539bc50c9275ce.jpg

£30K (below) ... looks like there's more than 13.3 times the component count of the aforementioned piece of kit and there's some some lovely bespoke machining to boot.

klimax.jpg.15cbb1632cc214c436617cc940cc710b.jpg

klimax2.jpg.3a6bb1adea9e9b28d51b311587ab230b.jpg

• Like 1

Less is more :D

• Haha 1

I watched the presentation only to see what Linn are up to. £30k was a surprise but I knew regardless i wouldn't be able to afford it.  Shortly after I caught up on a few Darko vids and saw him mention a new Goldmund cdp for £175k.  It does however weigh shit loads and you can plug your other sources in. Bargain!?!

https://www.whathifi.com/news/goldmund-announces-eidos-reference-sacd-player-yours-for-pound175000

17 hours ago, radiant red said:

You don’t need to touch anything as I already stated. 

im more concerned about the new toilet that’s about to hit the market.... “Alexa, flush the toilet” 😂

Alexa - Wipe my Bum , be afraid be very afraid .

On 30/03/2021 at 10:03, bencat said:

Alexa - Wipe my Bum , be afraid be very afraid .

When I visited Japan I grew quite fond of the toilets .... once I'd plucked up the courage to actually press the buttons to see what would actually happen :$

16 hours ago, Rayymondo said:

When I visited Japan I grew quite fond of the toilets .... once I'd plucked up the courage to actually press the buttons to see what would actually happen :$

Brave man auto bidet is as far as I could go metal hands or whatever loose on my skin and computer controlled too scared of a reboot and update mid wipe.

• Haha 2

I am am happy with my current Klimax DSM. Would I buy that new one? Mmm It would have to sound fantastically better than what I have now.  I dont really need (or want) that Las Vegas knob with 100 LEDs.

I control my system via Ipad and have hardly ever physically touched my current DSM other than switching it off for holidays 😊

And also my display is permanently turned off. So I wouldnt really need that either.

• 2 weeks later...

They are supporting Tidal but no mention of if they are also offering MQA which if not will hamper the audio quality of Tidal.