New Linn Klimax DSM.... I nearly fell off my chair!

I suspect most of the folk who purchase one will never listen to one prior to purchase. They will have it specified for their yacht, jet or home, second home, third home etc by a interior designer.

It's easy to overlook for the majority of those who will purchase the cost is ultimately pretty insignificant. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you pay £30k, the very least you want, is 2 front feet. 

Only about 25k overpriced I guess 

I watched the launch live, there were 162 watching and as soon as the mentioned the price, half left. How on earth can this be nearly twice as much as the last model. Seriously!!

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, JamieMcC said:

I suspect most of the folk who purchase one will never listen to one prior to purchase. They will have it specified for their yacht, jet or home, second home, third home etc by a interior designer.

It's easy to overlook for the majority of those who will purchase the cost is ultimately pretty insignificant. 

Sadly your right. The purest will never probably get a look in.

33 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Sadly your right. The purest will never probably get a look in.

Nevermind the 'holier-than-thou' types, what about the purists amongst us? 

😉

I think it's quite sad reading some of the fanboy's reasons, for trying to justify the high price, such as bluetooth and wifi. 

I would be interested in hearing this against some more affordable streamers (NAD, Cambridge?) in a blind test. 

I would never pay that even if I had multi millions of £s.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, StingRay said:

I think it's quite sad reading some of the fanboy's reasons, for trying to justify the high price, such as bluetooth and wifi. 

I would be interested in hearing this against some more affordable streamers (NAD, Cambridge?) in a blind test. 

I would never pay that even if I had multi millions of £s.

The special soldering is one of the reasons 😂

21 hours ago, mac72 said:

One foot at the front looks silly , quite  few manufacturers does it but most have 2  at the front 

Well I like it! :)

It matches the top dial and leaves space for the power switch.

The display reminds me of a Squeezebox Classic ... which is a good thing in my book.

2 hours ago, t1no said:

It matches the top dial and leaves space for the power switch.

My Akurate has two feet at the front and somehow they managed to stick power switch in there , they're not that big you know ;-)

• Haha 1

I’ve decided to actually fall off my chair today. Still astonished at how that price can be justified 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, radiant red said:

I’ve decided to actually fall off my chair today. Still astonished at how that price can be justified 

Time to jump off the ladder before you get too high?

2 hours ago, StingRay said:

Time to jump off the ladder before you get too high?

Very different options on this on the linn forum. Many seem easily parted with money with over hyped and priced kit

2 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Very different options on this on the linn forum. Many seem easily parted with money with over hyped and priced kit

Yes it’s a different world over there. Although some are not too enamoured with it.

And anyone who doesn’t ‘believe’ in any output from Linn needs to be banished I bet ......I’m guessing a Naim forum would be very similar too.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, StingRay said:

Yes it’s a different world over there. Although some are not too enamoured with it.

I like what I use, I never say it’s the best or say it’s better than anyone else’s kit but if the replacement for my amp doubled in price, I’d look elsewhere 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MF 1000 said:

And anyone who doesn’t ‘believe’ in any output from Linn needs to be banished I bet ......I’m guessing a Naim forum would be very similar too.

When I was told Naim was the end game kit, I did try and buy. Luckily it was still worth nearly what I paid when I sold it but when I was on the naim forum and mentioned class A, I was shot down in flames. I can truly say the Naim Allae was the worst speaker I ever purchased 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, JamieMcC said:

I think this nails it. This streamer will be purchased by those who are beyond having to critically evaluate solutions because they are simply able to throw huge amounts of money at something in the surety that it'll probably be at least as good as the best out there. Rather takes the fun out of this hobby though, don't you think?