Heads up on newly released Highway 61 revisited on clear vinyl

This was released on 26th of March. I pre-ordered my copy and it arrived yesterday. However when I opened it up the label showed it as a Mono recording. I went back to check the listing no mention of mono. I checked all the other sellers also nothing showing for them. There's also nothing external on the sleeve to show it's mono.

Mine is going back for a refund. I can only think that Sony forgot to mention this to their distributors when they announced the release. Now I accept many buyers might be happy with a mono release but a higher proportion will probably not be.

Just be aware if you decide to buy.

• Like 1

Follow up, some sellers in the track listing do how the individual tracks as mono, but most do not.

I was bought an album for Christmas which was a 45rpm but nowhere on it was that mentioned. Took me two tracks to realise :doh:..

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, StingRay said:

Yes, they're one of the few that does, Discogs even SAY it's stereo but when you look at the images they clearly MONO printed on the label.

https://www.discogs.com/Bob-Dylan-Highway-61-Revisited/release/17615578

I have several copies of this album inc MoFi’s.  The best sounding, by far, is from the MONO Box.

This was first released in 1965 - judging by all the stereo albums I have from that ERA it is better to listen in Mono as their ideas of mixing in Stereo in those days for popular music was stick the instruments on one channel and vocals on the other ..  I checked out You Tube - with a quick search all I found was mono recordings