What reasonably priced secondhand amp and speakers sell very easily?

5 hours ago, bencat said:

Hi Dom

I have a denon small  Int.amp you could have that would get you started and tide you over for while you are here and a pair of Genexxa LX5 Pro speakers that would work well with the amp . Sound would be good but not really top notch . However you could borrow them and keep them till you either decide to buy somehting yourself or return to Portugal . Do not see much point in you spending money when you have the cost of returning and renting and then keeping your finger crossed you do not get your money back when selling.

Much better that these get used rather than just sit around doing nothing . Let me know . I could also offer a Cyrus 2 amp plus PSR but this is going for repair this week and will be back around the end of April but again your welcome to use it for as long as you need .

Andrew once again you are my hero and thank you so much for the very kind offer.  For those who do not know Andrew aka Bencat lent me his CD ripper and absolutely refused payment and then lent it to someone else.  

At this stage I am hanging after something a bit different like Tannoys or Audio Note and a different type of amp.  I realised yesterday that I have only ever owned four brands of speakers and amps and this is my opportunity to experiment without any considerations. 

• Like 2

No problem Dom we all need to try things and good luck with your search . If you do though run out of time let me know and the offer stands .

• Like 1

What do you guys think of these?

s-l200.jpg

Look at this on eBay
Tannoy DC200 Dual Concentric Speakers

:geek:

On 28/03/2021 at 19:49, radiant red said:

Btw, the proac’s are in my town, if you were interested, I could collect on your behalf 👍🏻

They look in great nick they do- The Studio 100's are a lovely, smooth sounding speaker.

Edited by Tarzan
Found the edit button
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, ChemMan said:

Here is your amp.  I'm shocked it's still there.

Thanks. I love the brand but would much prefer the 6550 Preludio; that is a really great amp. 

14 minutes ago, DomT said:

Thanks for that I should have checked the sold prices. However what about the speaker? It’s much cheaper that other 80s Tannoys. 

I haven't got a clue.

I suppose the nearest experience I have to that is when I sold my Tannoy System 10 DMT and bought some smaller Tannoy 611 mk2s in the hope of retaining some of the nice qualities of their bigger brothers, but they had one-note bass and a dull midrange, so they didn't stay long.

FYI I have a pair of ATC SCM40s going with a Lyngdorf/Tact SDA 2175 power amp that is more or less in budget. It’s in the classifieds.

On 03/04/2021 at 23:20, Bodgit said:

FYI I have a pair of ATC SCM40s going with a Lyngdorf/Tact SDA 2175 power amp that is more or less in budget. It’s in the classifieds.

Unfortunately they do not come up in a forum search but in any case not really what I am looking for.