Well my brother isn’t really into Hifi so he converted his garage with this ramp to store both cars. It’s recently finished and it’s got more alarms and cameras than the palace lol. Great ramp which we both saw at the classic car show in Birmingham a few years ago. 
We both take the lotus out on the track when we can. 
Doing the garage was hard work but rewarding. 

0A7475B7-E64E-4D75-B233-67C6E9F4CA02.jpeg

81E4785B-47EA-4101-958F-7E289C0EE5C5.jpeg

A876CB46-109E-494D-A63A-B88FF676C556.jpeg

3A84E1B3-E16C-4774-9662-0A2169C7E0D0.jpeg

B51211F7-AE9E-41CB-87DE-526CAC35989B.jpeg

• Like 2

Oooo... nice AHC

He did this after he lost his wife to the big C

will never replace her but the AH was what he got in memory as they always talked about it

• Like 3

Absolutely. I lost my mother from the same disease when i was a youngster. A year or so later threw myself into buying music. Still have those albums and could never part with them. Same with cars: If I had the money and space I would buy a two-tone Hillman Minx from the early 1960s. It had front bench seats and a column change. Happy memories of my mum before she became ill, on holiday etc etc. 

Nothing can replace a loved one but there are things that cushion the blow a little over time.

• Like 1

Now that's a proper classic car and proper use of garage space. Excellent.

• Like 5

Growing up I was always interested in the latest super car, classic cars on the whole never really did it for me.

While being dragged grumpily around multiple classic car shows by my dad however, In a sea of E Type Jag’s, I have to admit to being secretly wowed by the Austin Healey’s. Seeing them on track in particular for some reason, they looked amazing. I did share this with him in later life. 

Obviously a car can’t ever replace a person, and it seams almost offensive to refer to your brother as “lucky” given the circumstances, but that’s a beautiful piece of machinery and he is a very lucky man to own it. I hope very much that he enjoys it. 

My dad would have loved a car like that in his garage, alas he never got to enjoy much of his retirement, and couldn’t have afforded one anyway. 

The ones I was most drawn to were most definitely always “radiant red” in colour :D, but it does look lovely in the Healey Blue. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, eddie-baby said:

Wow! And where did he get that lift please. That would be perfect for a friend of mine.

Sent from my LM-G810 using Tapatalk

Got it at the classic car show in Birmingham. Not sure of company tho