Jump to content

KEGWORTH October 2021


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I have just updated the spreadsheet equipment details to confirm I am exhibiting.  JOOLZ is planning to bring his modified Tannoy speakers also, to joint exhibit in our space.  I am looking forward to allow my active powered Kii BXT speakers to stretch their legs if possible.

Please does anyone know if it is definitely a 2 day show and what the final timings will be, so that our hotel arrangements can be finalised?

Edited by Jester 7
clarify
Link to comment
Share on other sites

sheet updated

only Peter knows the details/pricing so await his announcement (other than the details already on the show website)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@Maverick

How many confirmed exhibitors/rooms do we have so far? Because I reckon if we don't get some more take up soon then we have a potential damp squib on our hands. As much as I want it to go ahead I'd hate Peter to lose good money on this. 

As it's the 2020 list it might be worth adding a subtle background colour to username column where attendance is confirmed. 

Edited by Lurch
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

There will be the usual last min rush I guess....prob after the 21st June .....some virtually non active peeps wanting preferential rooms etc - ok it makes up the numbers but if you aren’t a regular contributor etc you should be at the back of the queue for ‘special rooms’ and not instigate room sharing etc no matter what your kit/cost etc

Edited by MF 1000
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Lurch said:

@Maverick

How many confirmed exhibitors/rooms do we have so far? Because I reckon if we don't get some more take up soon then we have a potential damp squib on our hands. As much as I want it to go ahead I'd hate Peter to lose good money on this. 

As it's the 2020 list it might be worth adding a subtle background colour to username column where attendance is confirmed. 

already done John if you look!

as of now state of play is (vs The Show That Never Was)

  • 19 confirmed
  • 4 with drawn
  • which leaves 26 not decided
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, MF 1000 said:

.some virtually non active peeps wanting preferential rooms etc - ok it makes up the numbers but if you aren’t a regular contributor etc you should be at the back of the queue for ‘special rooms’ and not instigate room sharing etc no matter what your kit/cost etc

I'm sure the allocations team will take that into account

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I strongly suspect that many are waiting for the full costs to be confirmed as the extra day seems to matter to quite a few. Once  this is announced and we see how things have opened up then we may start to get real numbers.

Perhaps it would be worth contacting those still not sure and ask them if they are going or not ?

Edited by bencat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi

I am interested in putting my name down for one of the days only, always like looking at others kit, whats the score with this, dont need a room. 

TIA

Stewart

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, vinyl4ever said:

Hi

I am interested in putting my name down for one of the days only, always like looking at others kit, whats the score with this, dont need a room. 

TIA

Stewart

TIA means Thanks In Anticipation. That's for you wammers who were expecting Stewart to follow that with MARIA and wondering why he's mentioning what he's drinking...

Do you mean you just want to visit, Stewart? If so, you don't need to put your name on any sheet, you just need to buy a ticket.

See you there!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
53 minutes ago, vinyl4ever said:

Yes a ticket will be required please
 

You will be able to buy one on the door.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, bencat said:

I strongly suspect that many are waiting for the full costs to be confirmed as the extra day seems to matter to quite a few. Once  this is announced and we see how things have opened up then we may start to get real numbers.

Pretty much what I'm waiting for to be honest... I did the 2 day show in Harrogate but just waiting to understand how it'll work (cost) this time round :nerves:

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

There are a  number of uncertainties/factors around the October show which may be leading to reluctance to sign up as an exhibitor and ultimately put the viability of the show at risk:

  • Switch to 2 days - some previous and/or potential exhibitors might not be willing to commit to this
  • Covid-19 lockdown - highly unlikely to be reintroduced; low rather than high risk, but still a risk
  • Covid-19 hesitancy - after well over a year of treating fellow citizens like lepers, some might struggle to adjust to the idea of spending hours per day in close contact with unknown others
  • Other commitments pending confirmation - as Jessica says, many of us have holidays and other plans which have been repeatedly deferred and may or may not be able to go ahead on that weekend
  • Missing information on the costs of exhibiting

There is nout that can be done about some of these, but the last is surely readily dealt with. So let's deal with it, and incease the chances of any show at all and of a vibratn one at that.

This would seem like a logical sequence of events:

  1. Peter to confirm costs to exhibitors for a 3-night stay
  2. Peter to confirm costs to exhibitors for a 2-night Fri-Sat stay
    1. for folk who are happy to skip the Sunday curry
  3. Peter to confirm costs to exhibitors for a 2-night Sat-Sun stay
    1. for folk who can't/won't make the Fri but promise to rock up early Sat to set up
  4. Potential exhibitors to confirm which "package" they want and to sign up

Expecting (4) to happen ahead of (1), (2) and (3) seems a little bizarre...

... all meant as helpfully constructive criticism, not just criticism.

Edited by TheFlash
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have  5)

The unknown of previous commitments for that week going ahead. 

Many of us have other places to be, work, holidays etc a lot of which have been moved from the previous year that still may not go ahead this year. I have a holiday that was to be last year that if going ahead will mean I will have to pull out and the holiday will depend on the COVID rules and status of 5 European countries, so not holding my breath even for September/November, who knows!!!

Jessica xx

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jessica_k said:

I have  5)

The unknown of previous commitments for that week going ahead. 

Many of us have other places to be, work, holidays etc a lot of which have been moved from the previous year that still may not go ahead this year. I have a holiday that was to be last year that if going ahead will mean I will have to pull out and the holiday will depend on the COVID rules and status of 5 European countries, so not holding my breath even for September/November, who knows!!!

Jessica xx

Thanks Jessica: extra bullet added to my post to reflect this!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...