2 hours ago, simon g said:

There is currently one active Director, a Rachel Lambie. Perhaps Rachel would be the person t contact?

Clear thinking from simon-g ... enter takeover organiser elect ... TheFlash ??

• Haha 1
  • Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi everyone,  Well I'm a complete newbie to this but if there is a room available for me then I'm prepared to give it a go and see what all the fuss is about 😁. I've filled in the spreadsheet and

I've read this thread with interest, my only experience exhibiting at Scalford was when Alex and I did the cheap as chips challenge room a few years back, basically each of us came up with a system (

@HiFiWigwam Peter, It is now 7 days since I made a quoted post to you, and as expected, NO RESPONSE.  With around 16 weeks until the show you have l believe, only around 20 confirmed exhibit

Posted Images

4 hours ago, simon g said:

In case this may be of relevance/interest.

HiFiWigwam is owned by HiFiGlobal, or so I believe?

Looking on Companies House, I see that a Peter Sowerby resigned as a Director in January 2021. If that's the Peter to whom you refer, perhaps that's why he isn't responding?

There is currently one active Director, a Rachel Lambie. Perhaps Rachel would be the person t contact? I note that the address is The Shambles.

Maybe a solution here is for a group of committed Wammers to offer to buy the Wam and operate as a co-operative? Looking at the Micro Accounts, I can't think that it would cost that much.

On the bit in bold: I think the subtlety of your humour may have gone unnoticed by some wammers. Not by me! How very apt.

On your last point, my understanding (and I could be way off the mark) is that this may have been tried once upon a time and it didn’t go down well. I might be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5.3333 recurring; probably best not to dig too much further into this!

3 hours ago, bencat said:

Sorry to say this is now getting a little worrying . have any of the Mods been in touch with Peter ? Are they aware of anything that is going on that would impact us all ?

I do not want to be negative but the silence after this length of time and the lack of any communication after the promised 01/06 date given by Peter is getting to be a huge worry for many myself included. Even something as short as no update now but working on it would give some reassurance but so far no response .

Can someone offer any sort of update on this ?

We mere mortal non-mods might be forgiven for presuming that with modness comes greater access to the owner. This may or may not be an illusion. Probably best not to poke this too hard but I don’t think we should labour under the expectation that the mods must surely have more success than the rest of us.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, TheFlash said:

We mere mortal non-mods might be forgiven for presuming that with modness comes greater access to the owner. This may or may not be an illusion. Probably best not to poke this too hard but I don’t think we should labour under the expectation that the mods must surely have more success than the rest of us.

Then as the only sign of any current and I use the word very loosely management it would be nice if they could at least confirm this and tell us and confirm that we are indeed all being ignored. On the chance that they do have information but are not able to say then a simple statement of that and some idea when we may get some sort of answer would be nice.

I like others have paid in advance so for me at least there is some financial consequence it would be nice to know if this is never coming back and I need to deal with that.

• Administrator

I apologise for my lack of contact. Rachel has been very ill and with a huge bank holiday opening up and staff issues it has been somewhat of a nightmare. 

I was due to go to the hotel last Monday but they postponed it until this coming Monday so I was unable to update on any worthwhile information.

I wish I had all day to sit in front of my mac but alas I do not. You all know the dates of the show, you all know where it is and how it works. I would imagine that 4 months is ample time to organise what kit and music you intend to bring.

Those who enter conversations regarding a take-over or a purchase of The Wam, I doubt would even know its worth and those wishing to set up their own show, be my guest, it's not as easy as you think. But there is always someone who knows better.

For those of you who don't know me, I run 8 businesses, and the people who think that becoming a director and resigning is an issue.....you obviously don't know business.

Our three man tech team in India which everyone moans about, one of them is a good long term friend of mine who has just lost 3 members of his family to Covid, I just donated £10,000 to keep him and the rest of the family going. (There are more important things than updating a room layout sometimes).

I should respond more, absolutely correct, and the people who really know me, know fine well, that my lack of contact does not mirror any lack of enthusiasm, interest or loyalty towards this forum.

The moaners will always moan but make no mistake that I take no one for granted. And the ones who attack, and we know who you are, take a moment to study what you have said.

The show will go ahead in October and be a huge success as usual, next March is already booked and I am planning a special event at the other hotel too.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

@HiFiWigwam

Peter, thankyou for the above, it explains a lot. As I said in the 1st of my 'moans' on the previous page, I know there's more to life than the Wam.

However a one line comment every now and then along the lines of "sorry still no updates things are a bit busy here, will sort ASAP" would have kept us happy. 

I'm sure once the pricing structure and exhibitor attendance options are clarified the spreadsheet will start to fill up. 

I just hope my house sale and move is done and dusted by October :nerves:

Sorry to hear but best wishes to Rachel... Thanks for the update Peter... 

Just to say 4 month's notice is fine to organise kit etc but if it's effectively 4 days 2 of which (fri/Mon) are working days arranging leave with work can be complicated and needs to be booked well in advance... But it's awkward as I can't confirm exhibiting without understanding the financial implications first.

We all await details as soon as you can... Hopefully all the chomping at the bit by lots of us for news, shows the support and keenness we all share for the show 😁

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@HiFiWigwam Peter, sorry to hear about Rachel’s illness, I sincerely wish her a speedy recovery.

I’ll keep the rest of this post short and resist pushing back at your apparent confusion between enthusiasm and moaning…

… what you haven’t said, but I presume is implied, is that your meeting with the hotel is to finalise costs. What you also haven’t said is, if you are able to finalise costs on Monday 14th, how long after this it will be before you can confirm the cost options for exhibitors. This is all most of the anxious posts above are about: we have a fixed date, and a fixed format, but no costs. 

Thanks.