KEGWORTH October 2021

16 minutes ago, HiFiWigwam said:

After visiting the hotel yesterday I can honestly say they have improved the layout of the hotel in general, however it has not helped with the positioning of certain aspects of the show.

15 rooms on the second and third floor have been turned into 'long let apartments' (numbers of these rooms will be highlighted when I have redrawn the plans as they do not have new brochure layout yet).

The area where we had vinyl sales and the 'bring n buy' is now the breakfast and eating area so that will have to be moved to a new section where the spa pool was. (Again, I will draw a new plan).

The breakfast and eating area that was, is now long let office suites which are off limits to us.

The big space down the small staircase is still available and split into 4 (as before), the sliding screens WILL be in place though.

It does mean that there will be a few syndicate rooms (although away from the exhibitor floors) and corridor spaces for vinyl and accessory spaces for some high end trade traders that have expressed a wish to attend the show.

All in all a ball ache to re arrange everything BUT I do feel it will make for a much better show with inclusion of some diverse systems and products to attract the crowds.

I did however catch up with the Yew Tree Hotel next door and check on our reservation for March 11/12/13 and they were very helpful, so I am confident of the bumper show next March at both hotels.

Thanks for the further update, Peter. I suspect I’m not the only one waiting for a schematic so I can get my head around the lossses and gains in the new layout.

The two-hotel bumper 2022 show sounds like an exciting development!

• Upvote 1

The hotel website doesn't give any further clues on the 'long term let' apartments - presumably these could be two rooms combined with living area / bedroom, but not likely to have been opened up sufficiently to be used as a double sized room for a system. Could be if they are let out then some are not even available for that weekend.

Anyway, no point in speculating further -  Peter has seen the hotel and communication now seems to be flowing again (:^), so let's wait and see.

Good to have the provisional dates for March '22 as well for the diary!

Could be if they are let out then some are not even available for that weekend.

Could get quite amusing if they start banging on their floors or knocking on our doors asking us to turn the bloody music down
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Lawrence001 said:

Could get quite amusing if they start banging on their floors or knocking on our doors asking us to turn the bloody music down emoji23.png

Yes, I thought that too. We can always just blame Keith though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, lostwin said:

Yes, I thought that too. We can always just blame Keith though!

If the Sony Man turns up his room has always been too loud . Blame him .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sorry people after Peter's update I am going to withdraw , Don't think I need to explain why and clutter the thread 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Audio Al said:

Sorry people after Peter's update I am going to withdraw , Don't think I need to explain why and clutter the thread 

That's a shame, Al.

However, as the thread is already mainly clutter (like most threads), won't you tell us why? Not all clutter is made equal. I'll put the kettle on and make us all a nice cup of tea while you make yourself comfy.

I'm still hoping to come, just not sure if I'll make it as an exhibitor as I need a lift and probably a van to bring the speakers!

From the last experience I'm probably better off just taking an upstairs room and randomly wandering around again than doing another suitcase system - although I've got (slightly) better gear than last time so maybe it's still an option.

But I'd really rather show off my Amphions than do that!!

7 minutes ago, Lawrence001 said:

I'm still hoping to come, just not sure if I'll make it as an exhibitor as I need a lift and probably a van to bring the speakers!

From the last experience I'm probably better off just taking an upstairs room and randomly wandering around again than doing another suitcase system - although I've got (slightly) better gear than last time so maybe it's still an option.

But I'd really rather show off my Amphions than do that!!

There must be someone near London or surrounding that could help surely. Hope to hear your Amphions. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Mike2000 said:

It's time I exhibited again, so I've added my name to the spreadsheet.

marked up on master sheet

• Upvote 1

There must be someone near London or surrounding that could help surely. Hope to hear your Amphions. 
Maybe, a lift with a suitcase is one thing but a van and help with the kit is on another level! Still one can but dream...

Just now, Lawrence001 said:

Maybe, a lift with a suitcase is one thing but a van and help with the kit is on another level! Still one can but dream... emoji38.png

Well there's no shortage of people living that way and are audio nuts like us, I'm sure someone would fancy a bit of an adventure. 

• Like 2

Just a bigger van maybe and cost sharing etc

Spreadsheet amended for Speedracer and myself.