First ...maureen at no 27.

Second ...sandra ...neighbour 

Current ...Diamond back titanium pro.

• Haha 3

On 30/03/2021 at 17:35, Bolosun said:

First : NSU Quikley

Best : Hayabusa

Now : Speed Triple, K1600, CBX 1000, Hayabusa, KE100, CB750K6

Just think what HiFi you could get by selling that lot ;)

• Sad 1

I think Phil might be my brother...

First: BSA Bantam. Actually, first was some unidentifiable moped, but it didn't last long.

Best: T120 Bonneville. Maybe not technically the best, but the most memorable in 'feel'.

Added category. Most insane: Original Kawasaki 750 H2. The two-stroke widowmaker with about 2bhp for most of the rev range and about 500bhp for a 300rpm segment that inevitably came in half way round a damp corner. Winner of the 'how many times did you drop it' award.

Now: None, but considering. Not a sports job these days, but a cruiser or a classic for the summer. Never use my car, so it may go on the list. All I need to do is persuade a certain someone that I won't kill myself.

• Like 3

If I had the resources (and was fit enough to ride it), I'd like an A10. I'd also like a mildly chopped/raked frame with an A7 engine but would consider A50 or A65. Best of luck @rabski I don't think it's so much a case of you not killing yourself as some other idiot not killing you.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, audio_PHIL_e said:

Just think what HiFi you could get by selling that lot ;)

Or if I sold my hifi, I could buy another, or I could if I had any more in the garage and the shed? :$

44 minutes ago, rabski said:

I think Phil might be my brother...

First: BSA Bantam. Actually, first was some unidentifiable moped, but it didn't last long.

Best: T120 Bonneville. Maybe not technically the best, but the most memorable in 'feel'.

Added category. Most insane: Original Kawasaki 750 H2. The two-stroke widowmaker with about 2bhp for most of the rev range and about 500bhp for a 300rpm segment that inevitably came in half way round a damp corner. Winner of the 'how many times did you drop it' award.

Now: None, but considering. Not a sports job these days, but a cruiser or a classic for the summer. Never use my car, so it may go on the list. All I need to do is persuade a certain someone that I won't kill myself.

You wouldn't need to. It'll be the blind idiot that pulls out on you.

• Upvote 1

First, Vespa 125.

Best, Yamaha AS1. Small, but perfectly formed.

Worst, Norton EL4.

Now, I sold my last, a Guzzi V7ll, a bit over two years ago, and have permanently retired from two wheels.

3 hours ago, Guzziboy said:

Worst, Norton EL4.

Didn't recognise that model so Googled it. No pages found for it. What was it?

4 hours ago, Bolosun said:

Or if I sold my hifi, I could buy another, or I could if I had any more in the garage and the shed? :$

depends on if you're in the mind-set to sell bikes to get HiFi, or HiFi to get bikes.

First: Kawasaki KH125 - rebuilt it so many times it was ridiculous, it regularly melted a hole in the top of the piston. I replaced it with several TZR 125 Yamaha’s which were hilarious fun and surprisingly reliable. 

Best: Technically it’s my current bike by quite some margin (heavily modified Aprilia RSV4 Factory), but there are two bikes that deserve special mention; 

Aprilia RS250 - Crazy and beautiful 2 stroke - I had one of the very fist bikes in the country in 1995. My first real taste of performance when it hit the powerband. Could have done with more ground clearance when on track. This was the time in my life that I most enjoyed motorcycling  - Loads of friends that I went biking with, the majority of whom are no longer with us (some because of bikes).

Ducati 1098S - First taste of 1k cc power :D and aesthetically stunning. 

Current: As mentioned above - Aprilia RSV4. It’s awesome, particularly on hot slicks, so forgiving and so precise. I run out of ability before the bike does. 

Just wish I had all of the crowd back to share it with, as motorcycling is very much a solo activity for me these days. 

• Like 1