Refund from last year?

9 hours ago, sunbeamgls said:

Hi Roo,

Welcome on board and best wishes to your Mum for a fast recovery.

With the proposal to return the show to Sat & Sun format, I'm hoping you'll re-invigorate attendance by exhibitors who will feel more like invested participants rather than solely as income generators.  As such my payment from 2020 can roll forward to March 2021.

Good luck with sorting out the situation, I wish you well.

Agreed. Whilst I was ultimately prepared to exhibit in a 2 day show format, in the final build up it was becoming clear that trying to travel back 200 miles on the Sunday evening was not a great idea -plus my kit wouldn’t fit in my car so a van hire was needed. 4 days van hire, 3 nights hotel, plus 2 days off work is getting a very serious time and cost commitment. Add my vote for the old one day format.

• Upvote 2

• Administrator

Hi chaps, 

There will be some changes not only in venue but format also. Once the dust settles on everything that is going on. I will start to point out the facts going forward! 

Thanks! 

Given the indications of the changes to Kegworth and the fact they had long term residents I had expected a change of venue after the cancelled October show . As always and please just accept that this as human nature I am now deeply curious about where the next Venue will be. Good luck with your search and we will try and curb our curiosity as much as we can . I will also try not to post further questions in trying to guess the new venue. 

All the majority of us look for is open comms and the perception that we have some influence in what occurs ….as has been pointed out before we understand that it’s HiFi Wigwam Ltds show ….but if we don’t turn up etc it ends up in a messy place

Guys, you are pushing against an open door. Roo is listening, not broadcasting.

But we need to give him some room to breathe first. He lifted the carpets on the software and it looks er....nasty. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, George 47 said:

Guys, you are pushing against an open door. Roo is listening, not broadcasting.

But we need to give him some room to breathe first. He lifted the carpets on the software and it looks er....nasty. 

George , this is exactly what Keith is talking about unless you had mentioned this none of us would have known other than probably the Mods . Brief messages giving us broad details of the problem and that it being addressed is all we want it is the silence vacuum that causes problems . I am sure as you rightfully say Roo has some issues that he needs to deal with first and all that has to be done is for any Mod or if he has time Roo himself to drop a couple of lines of were things are and what is needed to be dealt with . No details we do not need that just outlines. I would also say that there are many on here with very different skills gained over years over a wide spread set of areas . If it is Shipping or Logistics then I have over 45 years of working in that industry and I can and will help if asked. I am lucky I am now retired so have lots of free time , this is an open offer and if things that are easy like visits to places moving some things about then get in touch I am happy to help .

I know many on here feel the same way we have accepted the hands off and do not ask of the previous Wam and if the new Wam is to be the same then no problem we accept it . But we would all like the Forum and The Wam Show to succeed and be what we all remember . If there is any help needed then all anyone has to do is ask and there are many here who will and can help .

• Like 1

And I believe that is Roo's intention, but the mess is extensive and obviously he needs to get into a position where he knows what he is up against and then can deal with it. We enjoyed radio silence like yourselves previously.

Apparently he is used to functional software without dead-ends, half solutions etc. It is coming guys.

It is good to see the community offering to help.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks George all communications are appreciated by most of us. We all do realise that there will be lots of things that will need to be attended to and that it will all take time . We have all been very patient for a very long time with the radio silence as you call it . We are not asking for a complete switch but as has happened today words of the the software issues and now we all know . News that the Wam Show will be at a new Venue again something we did not know before . Some on here have arranged major shows in the past I did one in Dubai and one at the NEC and we know the work involved is immense and can be stressful . If there are any simple things that can be delegated I doubt you will find any shortage of people on here more than willing to help all you have to do is ask either on a thread or PM it does not matter sol long as the new Admin and the Owner get some help and assistance .

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

My refund was delt with quickly by Roo , Thank you 

• Like 6

@Roo

I sent several messages regarding a refund as Oct show has been cancelled too Roo.I have also sent several emails to the New Admin Mr Roo, but no respond so far too , There's any contact number to call to address this issue .   I cannot see my request in this forum too .Alo Roo  ?.

Max The Sony Guy 

Edited by Bazzer

14 minutes ago, Max Cando said:

Max The Sony Guy

Max Ive edited your post to alert Roo .

Hi thanks so much Mr Bazzer.

Im getting too old now for these lovely hifi shows, now finally I'm selling all my stuff Ive been storing  all this years because of the show and just  keeping the essential .

Adios amigos 

max

• Sad 1

Im getting too old now for these lovely hifi shows, now finally I'm selling all my stuff Ive been storing  all this years because of the show and just  keeping the essential .
Adios amigos 
max
Max please try and do one more show. I think you're in S London/Croydon? I could come over and help you load and at other end, I'll take a non exhibiting room. Assuming the new dates work for both of us of course.
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Lawrence001 said:
On 21/09/2021 at 01:29, Max Cando said:
Adios amigos 
max

Max please try and do one more show. I think you're in S London/Croydon? I could come over and help you load and at other end, I'll take a non exhibiting room. Assuming the new dates work for both of us of course.

Max if I get a room allocated then I would be only too happy to help you unload and set up and as I will be staying right through to the Monday I could also help with reloading you for the return journey . By the way anyone reading this and considering a room but feels the whole loading and unloading is a bit difficult then this offer is to anyone who needs a lift of just carrying about and placing were needed . Just and this is for your own equipments safety do not ask me to connect things up you need someone with brains for that and mine left a long time ago .

Edited by bencat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bencat said:

Max if I get a room allocated then I would be only too happy to help you unload and set up and as I will be staying right through to the Monday I could also help with reloading you for the return journey . By the way anyone reading this and considering a room but feels the whole loading and unloading is a bit difficult then this offer is to anyone who needs a lift of just carrying about and placing were needed . Just and this is for your own equipments safety do not ask me to connect things up you need someone with brains for that and mine left a long time ago .

knowing Andrew this is a serious offer, assuming we are there (where ever 'there' is) we will have a trolley available for rent for a small fee at the bar :D 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Preview Post