3 minutes ago, macfan said:

The last few years seems to have brought us spring LP12 upgrade promos. Has anyone heard if such a thing will occur this year? 

I was told in February to wait for a promo announcement in March, to happen in April. This never materialized. I even spoke with the dealer yesterday and no mention of a promo was uttered. I've given up on a spring promo this year.

14 minutes ago, akamatsu said:

I was told in February to wait for a promo announcement in March, to happen in April. This never materialized. I even spoke with the dealer yesterday and no mention of a promo was uttered. I've given up on a spring promo this year.

I’m always very dubious when dealers claim advance knowledge and put it down as mere speculation on the basis that we had a promo at this time last year. We’ve also had them much later. Linn certainly never used to gossip about such things and I doubt if that’s changed.

Having said that, I’m going to live in hope of a promo covering Organik upgrades.

’troll

• Like 2

Thanks. It seemed like the last two years or so there was a spring promo or perhaps it was every other year. When I initially purchased the LP12 it allowed me to get an Akurate level but with a Radikal power supply. The 2nd promo allowed me to get the Ekos SE, Urika-II and Karousel.

Happy with what I have but like plan ahead for purchases.

@Moomintroll - Agree with Organik. I have been somewhat critical of the pricing but would welcome an upgrade path for my SDSM. The internal layout of the SDSM appears to make this a fairly straightforward change once the work out the layout of the boards.

If they did upgrade from Akurate to Klimax Rad with Karousel  bundled in then … I might give in to temptation. 
i wasn’t able totake advantage last time. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't think that Linn will tease us with a spring promo this year. Apparently, they already struggle hard to get the stuff shipped that has been ordered. Covid + Brexit + wake of lockdown + New Klimax together put a lot of stress on operations. Why would they want to increase this by a promo? Let's not forget: Linn is a relatively small company, and I'd bet, tbey are not idling right now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Was hoping to see a promotion later this year. Looking to get a new Linn plinth (walnut) along with the Karousel. 

• Like 1
On 19/04/2021 at 13:31, HDMan72 said:

Was hoping to see a promotion later this year. Looking to get a new Linn plinth (walnut) along with the Karousel. 

It would be nice. But with Covid B1617 coming towards us, the shit may hit the fan again (and harder) pretty soon!

Like many other businesses these days, Linn has to focus on emergency plans to keep business operations going, a stable cash flow, liquidity reserves, and/or an extension to their credit line.

It's not over until the fat lady sings, as we say over here.

Elsewise: Fluted Afromosia & Keel for me, please! 😉

Edited by TooManyCatweazles
  • Like 3

@TooManyCatweazles a  Fluted Afromosia & Keel would be very nice. I have a fluted plinth and really like it.

Just a general note and request. There is not a way to adequately measure my total despise for all things related to COIVD and discussions about it. The topic incessantly infiltrates discussions about the most basic of questions and topics.There are plenty of forums to discuss this and I feel an audio forum is not the correct place and it would be great to simply focus on a given threads topic. Thanks.

17 hours ago, macfan said:

Just a general note and request. There is not a way to adequately measurmy total despise for all things related to COIVD and discussions about it. The topic incessantly infiltrates discussions about the most basic of questions and topics.There are plenty of forums to discuss this and I feel an audio forum is not the correct place and it would be great to simply focus on a given threads topic. Thanks.

Ouch!

Edited by TooManyCatweazles