For me, the most exciting thing about the Klimax DSM announcement is that Akubariks, and Akudoriks will get the Organik treatment in about a year's time.

According to dealers that I've spoken with since March 26, Organik is the biggest part of the the sonic improvement of the new KDSM.

As for cost to upgrade a pair of Akubariks, the only number that was thrown out there was about $9000.

I would imagine that an upgrade to the DSM may be in order once Orgaink is in place. That is, I'm not sure that my Akurate Exakt DSM would be up to the task of providing signal to Organik Akubariks. Perhaps an old Klimax System Hub would be the minimum acceptable, at least for DS. Perhaps spinning analogue would still be okay.

I plan on ordering as soon as the upgrade is made available.

Edited by akamatsu
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apologies @Nopianoand all. The 'blue box' is the chunky structure towards the rear of the Linn factory. It is essentially the warehouse holding parts for product build and finished stock. Alterna

I just got off the phone with the dealer. There is certainly good news in that he was confident that Organik would make it to the Akurate boxes. The bad news is that he thinks it will be closer t

@akamatsuour KDSM will be with this week (Hubs around end of April and 350 upgrades during May). Aside from the obvious attention we will pay to performance with 350's, we also have Keilidh, Kan

Posted Images

@akamatsuour KDSM will be with this week (Hubs around end of April and 350 upgrades during May).

Aside from the obvious attention we will pay to performance with 350's, we also have Keilidh, Kan I & II, Kaber, Keltik, Akurate 242 and original Isobarik.

I'm not sure how quickly we can get through them all but excited to try a bunch of different combinations in order to find if Organik shows its worth not only for those at 350 level but also spanning Linn's entire journey.

• Like 4

Reports that I'm hearing indicate that Organik will be a must have upgrade. I'm so glad it will be coming to Exakt Akubariks. I just hope the wait isn't too long.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, wonky1969 said:

Will the organik upgrade be available for ads as well?

As I have one

Amongst the 53+ pages here, there are some suggestions it might be.  But from a cost perspective it’ll be interesting how it’s pitched.  

Edited by Nopiano

I would think it will be available for both ADSM and ExaKtboxes. It would likely be the current or slightly refined boards with the Organik DAC. It would be a cash-cow for Linn. Most of us would likely do the upgrade; not as many would out and out purchase an entirely new ADSM. I would guess a two year wait before they might be offered.

Edited by Eldarboy
  • Upvote 3
16 hours ago, wonky1969 said:

Will the organik upgrade be available for ads as well?

As I have one

There was a meeting recently between Linn HQ and dealers to discuss whether or not Akurate should be kept around. I heard that the dealers want to keep Akurate as it sells well. I only heard from the dealer that the speakers would get the Organik treatment. I didn't hear anything about the boxes.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, akamatsu said:

I only heard from the dealer that the speakers would get the Organik treatment. I didn't hear anything about the boxes.

That’s the wrong answer!! ;-)

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

That’s the wrong answer!! ;-)

I thought that myself. But to qualify my answer, I don't have any Akurate boxes with DACs, so I had no interest in the question when I was speaking with the dealer. So, the question still stands.

3 hours ago, Eldarboy said:

I would think it will be available for both ADSM and ExaKtboxes. It would likely be the current or slightly refined boards with the Organik DAC. It would be a cash-cow for Linn. Most of us would likely do the upgrade; not as many out and out purchase an entirely new ADSM. I would guess a two year wait before they might be offered.

I would think Linn would almost certainly be rolling this out to the Akurate Exaktboxes, Akubariks and Akudoriks, and perhaps the Akurate DSM/Selekt DSM

There is just too much money to be made from selling an upgrade option for the Akurate owners

Linn is quite back ordered on the new Next Generation Klimax Organik DSM, with more than 200 back orders from what I heard. They have probably already sold and delivered that many already as well, easily recovering their research and development costs.

There is a very high probability that Linn is going to have a stellar year financially. 

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, Paulssurround said:

Linn is quite back ordered on the new Next Generation Klimax Organik DSM, with more than 200 back orders from what I heard. They have probably already sold and delivered that many already as well, easily recovering their research and development costs.

What a numbers for such a high end product. Don't get me wrong though, Linn for the win AFAIK.
Akurate potential could/should be 7-10 times that.. I just never figured such figures.. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Paulssurround said:

Linn is quite back ordered on the new Next Generation Klimax Organik DSM, with more than 200 back orders from what I heard.

Unless you want a black A/V model. Available from stock apparently, or so I’m told.

’troll

@Moomintroll There is no built stock in the blue box at Linn in either finish. Black product build begins potentially late in the day tomorrow (Monday 26th) all components are ready for the next batch and await finished metalwork.

That was the latest update I had from Linn Friday 23rd. Hope that's useful.

Simon

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks @Simon at Grammo, things obviously change quickly up there - I was just given my info on Friday! Obviously out of date very quickly!

’troll

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Simon at Grammo said:

There is no built stock in the blue box at Linn in either finish.

Can you decode that for those of us less well informed?  What is the blue box?