15 minutes ago, Nopiano said:

Can you decode that for those of us less well informed?  What is the blue box?

Apologies @Nopianoand all. The 'blue box' is the chunky structure towards the rear of the Linn factory. It is essentially the warehouse holding parts for product build and finished stock.

Alternatively for anyone needing a little mystery and magic.....it's a dark place without lighting that only robots can access. Humans are not able to be in this space.

So. When you see images of the Waterfoot building that's what the big blue thing is.

• Like 4
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apologies @Nopianoand all. The 'blue box' is the chunky structure towards the rear of the Linn factory. It is essentially the warehouse holding parts for product build and finished stock. Alterna

I just got off the phone with the dealer. There is certainly good news in that he was confident that Organik would make it to the Akurate boxes. The bad news is that he thinks it will be closer t

@akamatsuour KDSM will be with this week (Hubs around end of April and 350 upgrades during May). Aside from the obvious attention we will pay to performance with 350's, we also have Keilidh, Kan

Posted Images

Brilliant, thanks, Simon!

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Simon at Grammo said:

Apologies @Nopianoand all. The 'blue box' is the chunky structure towards the rear of the Linn factory. It is essentially the warehouse holding parts for product build and finished stock.

Alternatively for anyone needing a little mystery and magic.....it's a dark place without lighting that only robots can access. Humans are not able to be in this space.

So. When you see images of the Waterfoot building that's what the big blue thing is.

Thank you Simon at Grammo 

You can see the blue box building through the windows in this picture, behind the performers.

The second pictures gives you a view into the blue box

0E34E86F-3308-42C9-A2DD-D48FC434CBB2.jpeg

6BF8B1F5-59F7-4FF5-9F6E-06D15B5AB054.jpeg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Paulssurround said:

Thank you Simon at Grammo 

You can see the blue box building through the windows in this picture, behind the performers.

The second pictures gives you a view into the blue box

0E34E86F-3308-42C9-A2DD-D48FC434CBB2.jpeg

6BF8B1F5-59F7-4FF5-9F6E-06D15B5AB054.jpeg

thanks @Paulssurroundyour images make my comment a lot more understandable and real. thank you.

• Like 1

I'm really thinking that once Katalyst Akubariks are upgraded to Organik Akubariks, a better than Akurate source may be needed lest things end up sounding a bit off. My Katalyst Akubariks seem to be at the verge of really revealing the limitations of the Akurate Exakt DSM. Anymore transparency at the back end may be too much. So, a Klimax DSM may be needed for good sound.

10 hours ago, Simon at Grammo said:

it's a dark place without lighting that only robots can access. Humans are not able to be in this space.

I always thought they kept a mountaineer on the payroll in case the crane got stuck xD

‘troll

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, akamatsu said:

I'm really thinking that once Katalyst Akubariks are upgraded to Organik Akubariks, a better than Akurate source may be needed lest things end up sounding a bit off. My Katalyst Akubariks seem to be at the verge of really revealing the limitations of the Akurate Exakt DSM. Anymore transparency at the back end may be too much. So, a Klimax DSM may be needed for good sound.

Now you’re simply trying to justify improving your already fantastic system!  I recognise it because I’ve occasionally done the same, albeit at a more modest level.  What your post really makes me ponder however, is if impoverished Linn DS owners like me can bag the used Katalyst bits for our older Wolfson DAC equipped devices.  After all, it’s still a £1800 upgrade to Katalyst, which is what most normal folks would spend on a decent streamer, complete.  For example, on a nice LUMIN, allegedly reverse-engineered from the original Klimax.  Looking just like mine, and with the same DAC, extraordinary!

https://www.luminmusic.com/lumin-d2.html

Edited by Nopiano
Typo
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Nopiano said:

Now you’re simply trying to justify improving your already fantastic system!  I recognise it because I’ve occasionally done the same, albeit at a more modest level.  What your post really makes me ponder however, is if impoverished Linn DS owners like me can bag the used Katalyst bits for our older Wolfson DAC equipped devices.  After all, it’s still a £1800 upgrade to Katalyst, which is what most normal folks would spend on a decent streamer, complete.  For example, on a nice LUMIN, allegedly reverse-engineered from the original Klimax.  Looking just like mine, and with the same DAC, extraordinary!

https://www.luminmusic.com/lumin-d2.html

I really am thinking that with well setup Akubariks the AEDSM/ASH really is the lower limit for streaming into these speakers that were purchased and setup to reveal the goodness of a Klimax LP12. Organik may test that limit.

I would say start talking to a dealer now about procuring a throw-down Katalyst board. But it may be required for them to be sent back to Linn. :(

It’s a good question. Especially from a “source first” perspective. Theoretically, it’s always beneficial (best) to improve the source, and so a Klimax will be “better” than an Akurate, regardless of the downstream components.

In some other threads, it’s been discussed the problems with having “too good” of downstream components and a “weak” source, that it basically reveals all the flaws of the source. It will be interesting to discover the tipping point at which a “too weak” source is exposed by Organik Akubariks. I’m hoping Akurate holds up well since that’s the level I own!

For me, any future Organik upgrade would need to happen in my Ak Exaktbox-6s, and I’m hopeful my ASH source (and clock) would then be up to the task.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Matt Chicago said:

It’s a good question. Especially from a “source first” perspective. Theoretically, it’s always beneficial (best) to improve the source, and so a Klimax will be “better” than an Akurate, regardless of the downstream components.

In some other threads, it’s been discussed the problems with having “too good” of downstream components and a “weak” source, that it basically reveals all the flaws of the source. It will be interesting to discover the tipping point at which a “too weak” source is exposed by Organik Akubariks. I’m hoping Akurate holds up well since that’s the level I own!

For me, any future Organik upgrade would need to happen in my Ak Exaktbox-6s, and I’m hopeful my ASH source (and clock) would then be up to the task.

I hope so as well. I do hear a rather big difference in the sound quality between my Klimax LP12 and the AEDSM in DS mode. So the Katalyst Akubariks can reveal more than what the AESDM is putting out. So anymore rendering by Organik Akubariks might reveal some limitations. But this is speculation, not wild speculation, but speculation none the less. But it does occur as a good topic for discussion.

I have been thinking that I’d seriously consider upgrading my integrated Akubariks if it is offered.  Easy decision algorithm: simply cost v improvement as any physical change is ‘under the hood’.  But now I’m thinking a new Klimax hub might also be needed to really benefit.  And that is a change that certainly would be noticed by the authorities.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
16 minutes ago, Mark57 said:

I have been thinking that I’d seriously consider upgrading my integrated Akubariks if it is offered.  Easy decision algorithm: simply cost v improvement as any physical change is ‘under the hood’.  But now I’m thinking a new Klimax hub might also be needed to really benefit.  And that is a change that certainly would be noticed by the authorities.

The word I got from a dealer is that it will be offered in about 12 to 24 months time.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, akamatsu said:

The word I got from a dealer is that it will be offered in about 12 to 24 months time.

At the rate the KDSM/4 is being sold the KDSM/3 and/or KSH will be cheap as chips by then, people will be using them as garden stepping stones I guess. 

Edited by Pennypacker
Patchwork
  • Haha 2

The Klimax cases also makes good bookends.

‘Klimax cases can also be used as a frisbee or a curling 🥌 rock. They are a bit difficult to toss and even more difficult to catch 

However, I did not have much success using it as a boomerang.