Organik DAC and Akurate speakers

6 hours ago, Flatcoat said:

Linn have in the main talked about how good Organik is and not ‘raved’ about the hub.  It would appear that the hub is a huge improvement in its own right.  

I hope to get my new hub next week and am very looking forward to it with my 530s.

Coincidentally, I woke up this morning thinking about the new Klimax System Hub with Series 5 speakers. I thought KSH with 520s would outperform ASH with 530s, just as an example of "source first."

If DS is your main source, then I think you are definitely doing it right by getting the Hub.

I look forward to your impressions.

31 minutes ago, akamatsu said:

Coincidentally, I woke up this morning thinking about the new Klimax System Hub with Series 5 speakers. I thought KSH with 520s would outperform ASH with 530s, just as an example of "source first."

If DS is your main source, then I think you are definitely doing it right by getting the Hub.

I look forward to your impressions.

I own both 520s and 530s.  Overall the 530s are better, but 520s do something very special as well.  I have never heard the ASH but do know that replacing my 2017 KDSM hub with the 2018 variant last year was one of the biggest upgrades I have experienced.  

By the sounds of it, the new hub will be an even bigger upgrade.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

I own both 520s and 530s.  Overall the 530s are better, but 520s do something very special as well.  I have never heard the ASH but do know that replacing my 2017 KDSM hub with the 2018 variant last year was one of the biggest upgrades I have experienced.  

I had 530s and I loved them. Absolutely brilliant at their price point. It would have been nice to have had a Klimax System Hub with them.

I just got off the phone with the dealer. There is certainly good news in that he was confident that Organik would make it to the Akurate boxes.

The bad news is that he thinks it will be closer to 24 months out than 12 months.

Probably best to go ahead and get the KSH first, enjoy it for a while, then complete the synergy with Organik. This is what I will do.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 27/04/2021 at 13:44, Suffolkboy said:

I've just tried the kdsm3 on my exakt akubariks, coming from a late kdsm2.  The difference is quite significant.  There more subtlety, delicacy and the bass is awesome, it is at a whole new level.  Coming from akurate would be huge!

On 27/04/2021 at 23:38, Suffolkboy said:

Listened some more last night, the interplay between different instruments, the precision is amazing.

I very quickly swapped to 242 passive, the organik sounds quite something, but if you guess 20% hub to 80% organik, I would say the the hub is actually contributing far more than 20% 

I look forwards to you hearing one, I wish I could share what I was hearing was night!

On 28/04/2021 at 01:41, Flatcoat said:

Linn have in the main talked about how good Organik is and not ‘raved’ about the hub.  It would appear that the hub is a huge improvement in its own right.  

I hope to get my new hub next week and am very looking forward to it with my 530s.

On 28/04/2021 at 08:45, Flatcoat said:

Thanks for this feedback. It was all instrumental in my making the following decision. Yesterday, during my conversation with the dealer, we were able to strike a deal on a new Klimax System Hub. I'll get a good trade-in for my Akurate Exakt DSM. I was considering keeping it to use in an Exakt surround system, but I could buy a used one when the time comes for less than the trade-in offer. With the current lead times of 10 to 12 weeks, I thought it best to get the ball rolling. By then, my Klimax cased Radikal will be in place, and paid for. Also, a very small down payment was requested. This is what pushed the timeline up to within a couple of weeks to place the order.

Edited by akamatsu
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, akamatsu said:

Thanks for this feedback. It was all instrumental in my making the following decision. Yesterday, during my conversation with the dealer, we were able to strike a deal on a new Klimax System Hub. I'll get a good trade-in for my Akurate Exakt DSM. I was considering keeping it to use in an Exakt surround system, but I could by a used one when the time comes for less than the trade-in offer. With the current lead times of 10 to 12 weeks, I thought it best to get the ball rolling. By then, my Klimax cased Radikal will be in place, and paid for. Also, a very small down payment was requested. This is what pushed the timeline up to within a couple of weeks to place the order.

Congratulations you will move to a whole new level.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Suffolkboy said:

Congratulations you will move to a whole new level.

Thank you! And thank you again for your input.

I really think the AEDSM is holding my system back. To the dealer I mentioned that my LP12 is about $30k, and my Akubariks, about $38k. In between them sits a $4k AEDSM. It's not difficult to identify the weak link.

Edited by akamatsu
  • Like 2

On 25/04/2021 at 12:12, Moomintroll said:

Unless you want a black A/V model. Available from stock apparently, or so I’m told.

’troll

Hmm.. My dealer told me that I have a 10-12 week wait for a black AV model and this was straight from Linn this morning. If they do have them in stock, please let me know! 

Chris 

2 minutes ago, 7ryder said:

Hmm.. My dealer told me that I have a 10-12 week wait for a black AV model and this was straight from Linn this morning. If they do have them in stock, please let me know! 

Chris 

That comment of mine should really be read in context with the reply from Simon @ Grammo and my response to him. In summary - I was told on 23/4 that Linn had stock of Black A/Vs - I don’t know how old that info was. Simon provided an update from speaking to Linn on the same date - no pre-built stock of any model. 

10-12 weeks does seem to be the current lead time - I was told 10 weeks for a Hub, last Friday. I expect the bottleneck will be finished metalwork - I’m sure I read somewhere that it takes 8 hours to complete a case, but can’t find it now.

’troll

Just an afterthought - if it does take a day to machine a case, then, even at just five a week, a 12 week lead time equates to advance sales of 60 units. Mightily impressive for such a high value item.

’troll

6 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Just an afterthought - if it does take a day to machine a case, then, even at just five a week, a 12 week lead time equates to advance sales of 60 units. Mightily impressive for such a high value item.

’troll

I highly doubt it takes that long to machine the case, unless the top grooves add that much time. My guess is a couple of hours tops

Posted (edited)

We have all heard reports of how good the new Klimax DSM sounds running passive. What should be expected is that the same (KSH) though an Exakt system with Organiked integrated speakers, or Organiked Exaktboxes will sound even better. To me, this is something to be really excited about!

Edited by akamatsu
  • Like 2