mains cable/kettle lead. Make any difference in sound quality?

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To save another 17 pages, let me cover the basics: - If you can't hear the difference a good Mains Cable can make....either your hearing is impaired, or your system isn't resolving enough. -

MCRU have a 30 day money back guarantee. Clearer Audio have a 60 day return period. Mark Grant may have something similar. Choose one of them, discuss your needs and budget - and try something if

My first listening test for anything here is a decently recorded piano piece. It sorts the wheat from the chaff very quickly. Strings are more subtle, but a system has to be 'right' to make a piano so

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, ANADROL-50 said:

I know some of us like to take the piss out of mains cables etc but for once this one seems fairly priced - you know, the kind of spend that you can justify as 'why not give it a go - nothing ventured, nothing gained'.  Might have to kit a few of my bits out with these

• Haha 2
45 minutes ago, dannybgoode said:

You'd be very very upset if you didn't notice a difference too.  So upset that you would probably claim a difference just to save face :D 

Or return it for a refund? ;-) 

On 05/04/2021 at 19:35, Pinkie said:

Just phoned and checked. Ladbroke are quoting 4/6 more than 30 pages, and no new content. 

I'm going to pop out and make a cuppa. With a proper kettle lead

Steady progress boys. I feel this is entering the final straight. The post is in sight. Ladbrokes get ready to pay out 😀

• Haha 2

Just a thought - while in no way could i afford/justify/be allowed to purchase the Shunyata mains cable. If all the cable doubters heard it and it did make a difference, would this resolve the argument once and for all ? :D

10 minutes ago, joolz said:

Just a thought - while in no way could i afford/justify/be allowed to purchase the Shunyata mains cable. If all the cable doubters heard it and it did make a difference, would this resolve the argument once and for all ? :D

Equally if it made sod all difference would the cabliophiles (new word I've just invented) start to see sense? :D 

2 hours ago, ANADROL-50 said:

I would wager there 'might' be a few members here that own one or more of those..... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
3 hours ago, dannybgoode said:

Trying to find Shunyata's return policy on their website.  Can't see one immediately :)

Why would you be looking on their website? Do they sell them directly?

27 minutes ago, Griff500 said:

Why would you be looking on their website? Do they sell them directly?

Dunno - seemed the obvious place to look seeing as they had the prices etc plastered all over - wanted to support the business direct you see when I ordered the three or four I need for my system.  Not all retailers do returns don't forget, particularly if you buy in-store.

58 minutes ago, dannybgoode said:

Dunno - seemed the obvious place to look seeing as they had the prices etc plastered all over - wanted to support the business direct you see when I ordered the three or four I need for my system.  Not all retailers do returns don't forget, particularly if you buy in-store.

Shouldn't you support your bricks and mortar stores? 

I'm sure they would appreciate that much business and there should be one that will let you home demo.

Let us know how it goes. :^

On 15/04/2021 at 14:04, dannybgoode said:

Trying to find Shunyata's return policy on their website.  Can't see one immediately :)

Your wam info does not say where you reside. If it is in the Uk then you could do a lot worse than telephoning Jack at the Audio Barn. I’m pretty sure they stock Shunyata and Jack is a great bloke to deal with.