DIY Sony VFET Amplifier - Real VFET's etc

Hi,

On the DIY Audio store, there is a chance to purchase a Sony VFET amplifier kit for $499. Apparently, although this was announced on 2nd April 2021, and the thread is 1st April 2021, it is a true offer.

https://diyaudiostore.com/pages/vfet-information-page

There is another forum where people have been relieved of £2k for a VFET amplifier that does not exist after 7+ years. As such, here is an opportunity to own one at 1/4 of the cost (including chassis and parts etc)

Regards.

Shadders.

The age old warning comes to mind ....if it’s too good to be true 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I would buy in confidence from the diyaudio store. Nelson Pass himself is supplying the vfets.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Posted (edited)

DIY store is kosher. However, read the small print. There are limited numbers (enough for 180 amps) and it's effectively a lottery. When sales open up, you've got a short time to register interest, then the 'winners' will be chosen at random.

I'll have a go. 9.00pm Wednesday the door opens, incidentally. You can find the link. I won't point it out, as it's more competition :D

Edited by rabski
  • Like 1

I wish you all the best of luck in getting one of these. Ive been waiting for a design like this to use the Sony SIT's I bought some years ago "just in case".  Ive got most of the bits to I can build my own so I wont be competition. The chassis looks very nice though, better than mine

Has anyone done this? I thought about it a lot but ultimately it was in danger of becoming another thing sitting on a back burner! And I was asleep at the time!

In my usual manner, I forgot and when I remembered, it was too late. A shame, but then probably just as well really. Like you, there are already way too many things unfinished and I really don't need yet another.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I managed to get in, now just waiting for the results of the lottery to be announced.

I haven’t built anything for years but if I do manage to score one I’ll put the build up here, fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Winners announced today, it’s not me :-( but I’m automatically in the next lottery in a few months time for the next batch.