• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A reminder - personal attacks are unacceptable, even if you may think it "justified" by responding to another poster's personal attack. You have been warned.

Guys! Horses for courses. I've said it several times, it is a given there are super tasters and super smellers. From that can't we concede there are super listeners? Can't we concede we all have diffe

My view is anybody interested in these products should try them at home and hear if they do anything worthwhile.  Yes different switches will emit different levels of RFI/EMI. It would be unusual

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Myself said:

Good idea to use those paul. Like this kind of ‘brainstorming’ to come up with more solutions.
And also the ‘separation rack’ is a good idea which i can incorporate into my yet to be build audio closet/rack. I have it drawn in a 3D drawingtool so any good woodworker can create it to my specs

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Thank you, you are very kind. 😊

‘I get satisfaction from repurposing things, to apply them to other solutions

The rack which holds the mains cables and other cables, is actually a repurposed wooden trellis. I used to use ties to attach the cables to the trellis, until one night, I came up with the idea to run metal channels down the trellis, to create a shelf for each cable, so it would not need to be tied down. The metal channels are screwed into the wooden trellis for stability.

I was not able to source aluminum channels, which would have provided some EMI shielding between channels, so I lined the steel channels with copper tape.

‘I am very happy with the result, and can actually see the floor behind the HiFi cabinet again. 

5 minutes ago, Andyt916 said:

@PaulssurroundI'm drawn to your cable management solution. I've just had a look at my own "spaghetti" and, whilst it's probably nowhere near as much as some of us have, there's no way it could be described as neat and ordered. Even if it were unshielded and offered no sonic benefits, I can see the aesthetic advantages.

Thank you Andy,

I had a snake pit behind my HiFi cabinet before, but now it is very easy to get at the cables if I need to reconnect anything, and it has provided a moderate improvement in sound quality.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Eldarboy said:

This must be cable mis-management 🤣😱😱🤣

01230E51-0713-4C6F-85D9-7619D370474C.jpeg

Thanks for the photo of your cable spaghetti.

Looks like you could benefit from a bit of cable management 

I always love to see copper tape for shielding. 😊👍🏻

Edited by Paulssurround
4 hours ago, Paulssurround said:

Thank you, you are very kind. 😊

‘I get satisfaction from repurposing things, to apply them to other solutions

The rack which holds the mains cables and other cables, is actually a repurposed wooden trellis. I used to use ties to attach the cables to the trellis, until one night, I came up with the idea to run metal channels down the trellis, to create a shelf for each cable, so it would not need to be tied down. The metal channels are screwed into the wooden trellis for stability.

I was not able to source aluminum channels, which would have provided some EMI shielding between channels, so I lined the steel channels with copper tape.

hmmm, didnt go as far as thinking about different metals. Tnx for the Alu tip.

btw I know i had seen a video (from ps audio but just couldnt find it) where he shows the difference between emissions coming from a stock power cable and a decent shielded power cable.

And there is another (not from ps audio) that showed a power cable next to an interlink. But all in all, yes I do 'believe' in interference between cables. And proper shielded cables will have less of an impact and/or separating the cables also helps

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Myself said:

I came across the video that talks about cable interference behind our audio racks: 

Really insightful, thanks for sharing.

3 hours ago, Myself said:

I came across the video that talks about cable interference behind our audio racks: 

Thank you for the video

He explains shielding and cable management well 😊