Black Ravioli isolation pads - how to remove?

Just now, Strider said:

Sorry Griff - I replied to your plight before realizing you'd sorted your sticky feet already. Nice one!

I was going to say that WD40 is pretty adept at removing gum residue as it's oil based and not alcohol based.

I'm just glad I got them off - I hope the suppliers tell people that they'd better be sure they want them on there before they stick them on...

• Like 1
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes?

Done! No marks left at all (thank god). The mark at the bottom centre isn't from the isolation pads (I think  it will come off - I  need to check if it's on the surface or  something e

Too many jokes...

Posted Images

Good news! It appears to already have isolation feet. 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Warszawa said:

Good news! It appears to already have isolation feet. 

If you say so. xD

Well done, excellent result, I'm really pleased for you. :^

Goo Gone, never heard of that, very useful.

So, what impossible to remove isolation feet are you going to attach to make life hell for the next owner of your DAVE DAC?

Edited by JANDL100
  • Haha 2

Has the sound quality fallen apart since you removed the artisan pasta parcels?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, JANDL100 said:

Well done, excellent result, I'm really pleased for you. :^

Goo Gone, never heard of that, very useful.

So, what impossible to remove isolation feet are you going to attach to make life hell for the next owner of your DAVE DAC?

What 'next owner'? 9_9

I'm going to settle into the sound without any for a short time and then try some IsoAcoustics Orea or Iso-Pucks  - no glue required!

Just now, savvypaul said:

Hard to say as I've got it on some Ansuz Darkz.

The system is sounding ridiculously good at the moment but those isolation feet are for something else and I'll be trying the DAVE with and without isolation.

46 minutes ago, Griff500 said:

Hard to say as I've got it on some Ansuz Darkz.

The system is sounding ridiculously good at the moment but those isolation feet are for something else and I'll be trying the DAVE with and without isolation.

I've heard obvious differences with different isolation materials under turntables, and subtle improvements with a Torlyte platform under a CD player, but I've never been able to coax an improvement out of any other solid state equipment using different feet / platforms. YMMV.

1 hour ago, savvypaul said:

It was the squid ink sauce he used to remove them that caused the problem...:cafe:

25 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

It was the squid ink sauce he used to remove them that fixed the problem...:cafe:

Fixed it for you. ;)

41 minutes ago, savvypaul said:

I've heard obvious differences with different isolation materials under turntables, and subtle improvements with a Torlyte platform under a CD player, but I've never been able to coax an improvement out of any other solid state equipment using different feet / platforms. YMMV.

Well a DAC does have a crystal in it, it's sitting on something and it has cables hanging out of the back, so I wouldn't put it beyond the realms of possibility. Any changes are likely to be small but  sometimes the cumulative effect of small changes can be significant and any changes there might be could show up on some systems more than others. Whether or not it's worth the effort is, as always, subjective and thus arguable. At least you've tried and satisfied yourself by doing so. :^

I was told that the power distributor (multi-socket adapter) wouldn't be likely to improve the sound but the one I've recently got, plus a good power cable, seems to have made a noticeable difference, although installing it resulted in other changes (to Schuko cables).

5 minutes ago, Griff500 said:

Well a DAC does have a crystal in it, it's sitting on something and it has cables hanging out of the back, so I wouldn't put it beyond the realms of possibility. Any changes are likely to be small but  sometimes the cumulative effect of small changes can be significant and any changes there might be could show up on some systems more than others. Whether or not it's worth the effort is, as always, subjective and thus arguable. At least you've tried and satisfied yourself by doing so. :^

I was told that the power distributor (multi-socket adapter) wouldn't be likely to improve the sound but the one I've recently got, plus a good power cable, seems to have made a noticeable difference, although installing it resulted in other changes (to Schuko cables).

The main thing is that it's great fun trying - and that's what it's all about.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Griff500 said:

What 'next owner'? 9_9

I'm going to settle into the sound without any for a short time and then try some IsoAcoustics Orea or Iso-Pucks  - no glue required!

The weight of the DAVE appears to be 5kg, so two of these for about £20 each (the seller usually accepts an offer) would make for a pretty sophisticated isolation solution.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Anti-Vibration-Platform-26FX-2135-B-190457-Hawker-Hunter-RAF-Vintage-Aircraft/324049696300?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5336794928&toolid=10001&customid=kna8z57mie000ad700003

Also discussed in the following thread

• Like 1

Thanks @lostwin. It's not the sort of approach I tend to take and I've already ordered some Orea to try. Points for creativity though!

I’d be interested in the effect of the Isoacoustic Orea. I have had great success putting my dac on a Townshend seismic platform. You can hear the improvement clearly.