Wanted: KEF Tweeters T52 SP1049

IMG_3411.jpg.4fa957f55b8e99506e49265fc5b39ba7.jpg

Looking for a single or pair of SP1049 KEF tweeters as fitted to the original KEF 105.1. I have blown one of them :(

Thanks

IMG_3412.jpg

Edited by szczemirek

50 minutes ago, szczemirek said:

Looking for a single or pair of SP1049 KEF tweeters as fitted to the original KEF 105.1. I have blown one of them :(

Thanks

Might be able to help. A bit busy just now but will pm you later.

• Like 1

Mirek, I take it you have checked the voice coil resistance and it's open circuit? this might be a wild goose chase but possibly, just possibly...the lower lead out wire going to the black cable looks like it doesn't go through the grommet, unlike the wire going to the blue cable - has it become detached by any chance? If so it would be fixable I'd have thought and a damn sight better than using another tweeter?

Edited by Jazid
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, szczemirek said:

IMG_3411.jpg.4fa957f55b8e99506e49265fc5b39ba7.jpg

Thanks

IMG_3412.jpg

Jazid's comment is worth a try, some  tweeter coils can be repaired (sometimes a surge pops the wire off) as it's out have a go at repair nothing lost

Posted (edited)

Thank you Guys, I checked resistance. Black cable look ok.

Harshness, distortions...

IMG_3413.jpg

IMG_3414.jpg

Edited by szczemirek

Before you give up on the tweeter, check resistance from each terminal to the metal front plate, slim chance but the voice coil lead outs could have shorted to the frame, which might just be fixable.

• Like 1

I have a few of these most of which I have blown but I have a couple that will still be working . I need to test them to see they are okay and could then offer them . Will see what I can do as they need to be taken out of my current stacked active pair so not a quick job .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bencat said:

I have a few of these most of which I have blown but I have a couple that will still be working . I need to test them to see they are okay and could then offer them . Will see what I can do as they need to be taken out of my current stacked active pair so not a quick job .

Excellent information. Thank you.

Already have offer about T52 sp1072 but owner have done a house move so he don't know where they are at the moment.

Right found this pair but I do not know if they are working or not . Will try and test them and let you know . First honest statement is that i am not very good at testing drivers so please keep this in mind .

The really good thing is that I know the ones in my stacked pair work and I do not use the bottom pair anyway so if push comes to shove then I will have at least one good tweeter that you can have .

The picture below is of two tweeters bolted face to face as this protects the large dust cover or whatever that is . If either of these two is working then I will post both as they are very well protected this way .

Will post again after I have a chance to try and test.

IMAG0081.jpg

Edited by bencat
  • Like 1

Can I ask an open question on here including @szczemirek. I had to source a number of these tweeters because on my own stupidity and at the time because they are quite rare I as forced to to pay quite a large price at least I though so .

Now if these are working I am very happy to let them go and for them to be used rather than stuck in box doing nothing . What is a fair price for them if working ? This is not an ebay auction where they are trying to get the maximum return . This is a Wam sale to a fellow Wammer . I would like to be fair and for both @szczemirekand me to be happy with the deal . I do realise that this is probably not in the spirit of the rules as there are no price checks but I hope this will be viewed a little different as all I want is to offer these at a fair and equitable price . To save the thread perhaps it would be better to PM me .

• Like 1

Mirek, 

Andrew/Bencat is a top bloke and he will be able to sort out one for you. I will still have a look to see where mine is, but if Andrew has one ready to go for you then- get those 105s going asap! :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bencat said:

Can I ask an open question on here including @szczemirek. I had to source a number of these tweeters because on my own stupidity and at the time because they are quite rare I as forced to to pay quite a large price at least I though so .

Now if these are working I am very happy to let them go and for them to be used rather than stuck in box doing nothing . What is a fair price for them if working ? This is not an ebay auction where they are trying to get the maximum return . This is a Wam sale to a fellow Wammer . I would like to be fair and for both @szczemirekand me to be happy with the deal . I do realise that this is probably not in the spirit of the rules as there are no price checks but I hope this will be viewed a little different as all I want is to offer these at a fair and equitable price . To save the thread perhaps it would be better to PM me .

Andrew, 

They are getting rarer and I would say £100 for two would be fair, you see them being sold for more. Just one opinion? Any more than £150 is taking the p**s imo.

• Like 2

• szczemirek changed the title to Wanted: KEF Tweeters T52 SP1049