PiCorePlayer

Anyone using and has installed from scratch. I am using the instructions on-line and have already found them wrong, eg the ssh server is turned off by default. Got around that and now when I type in the password, it wont accept piCore for the default user tc. >:(

14 minutes ago, Bolosun said:

Anyone using and has installed from scratch. I am using the instructions on-line and have already found them wrong, eg the ssh server is turned off by default. Got around that and now when I type in the password, it wont accept piCore for the default user tc. >:(

It worked for me with user=tc pass= piCore - no problem at all.

Have you got the following software

win32 disk imager

sd card formatter

Both free downloads

A USB memory stick that takes a micro sd card or a micro sd slot in a laptop possibly via an SD card into which you plug a micro sd

Download Picore player

Use Win32 disk imager to transfer the software onto the microsd card

connect the pi including this card onto your lan wired

Fire it up

Look at your router attached devices after a couple of minutes this should show the Pi's IP address

Type that into a browser , chrome, firefox whatever

Up should pop the Picoreplayer configuration web page

Fill that in with your details lots of tutorials online. Then reboot, if you want to go wireless you can configure the wirless at this stage but I would stay wired until its playing music then reconfigure.

Download squeezeplayer on a smart phone control the Pi using squeezeplayer

• Upvote 1

Super Wammer

Can I ask what did you need to SSH in to the player for ? Almost anything you need to change on Picoreplayer is covered if you choose the beta version then use the tabs across the top .

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bencat said:

Can I ask what did you need to SSH in to the player for ? Almost anything you need to change on Picoreplayer is covered if you choose the beta version then use the tabs across the top .

...but for some "extra" configuration, like https://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.com some people needs SSH ;)

The simplest way to unlock SSH is put in directory folder some empty file name "SSH".

Edited by szczemirek
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, bencat said:

I was following the wrong instructions, so was trying ssh into the box. As mentioned this has now been disabled by default and it needs a ssh file to make it work. Interestingly the ssh still works by default when using the piCorePlayer image.

Now I am on the hunt for a script I can run from my PC to shutdown the LMS before I power off the pi 

Edited by Bolosun

4 hours ago, Bolosun said:

I was following the wrong instructions, so was trying ssh into the box. As mentioned this has now been disabled by default and it needs a ssh file to make it work. Interestingly the ssh still works by default when using the piCorePlayer image.

Now I am on the hunt for a script I can run from my PC to shutdown the LMS before I power off the pi 

Why can you not use this ?

shutdown-pcp.png

If you have no monitor available, you can install the page as a desktop shortcut on  a phone or tablet

If that does not suit, which OS are you running on the PC ?

ronnie

Well the thing is, by the time you have opened the editor and issued the command, you could have the pcp Main page saved as a tab on the desktop and two clicks get you there.

SSH from Windows, use either of these two, the shutdown command is pcp sd

pcp-shutdown-putty-windows.png

https://docs.picoreplayer.org/information/pcp_cli/

https://www.howtogeek.com/336775/how-to-enable-and-use-windows-10s-built-in-ssh-commands/

With ssh you have to log in, using the desktop gui, you just have to open a tab, or put a shortcut on the Desktop.

It takes a few minutes to set up (give the LMS a reserved IP Address in the router)

ronnie

Edited by Man in a van
add url link for windows ssh
  • Like 1

I'm currently using Volumio but would like to try Deezer that it doesn't support. I believe Picoreplayer does and wonder if I can set up without having to do any SSH'ing, is this possible?

6 minutes ago, Bourneendboy said:

I'm currently using Volumio but would like to try Deezer that it doesn't support. I believe Picoreplayer does and wonder if I can set up without having to do any SSH'ing, is this possible?

Hey Bill

Thread over here

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?112604-Deezer-HiFi-3rd-party/page3

ronnie