PiCorePlayer

Bill, apparenty I trialled Deexer in 2018 :doh:

There is a "Deezer Free" app one can install at mysqueezebox.com, I can't remember if this is required for the Hi-FI Deezer deals, sorry, but Deezer is installed in LMS by default, anyway 9_9

deezer-free.png

ronnie

Edited by Man in a van
wrong image

I'm currently using Volumio but would like to try Deezer that it doesn't support. I believe Picoreplayer does and wonder if I can set up without having to do any SSH'ing, is this possible?

Cheers Ronnie, will have a read.

I have it running now and have been using the Powershell to shut it down. I'm now looking at using the piCorePlayer CLI to start LMS 10mins after power on and a cron job to shut it down. I'll run the player off the usb connection on my Synology, which I have set to power on/off daily.

I understand why people turn their items off before shutting down but have to admit to being a lazy b so LMS is on 24/7 on my Raspberry Pi 4 so gets rebooted when updated otherwise is just sitting there waiting for me to ask it to send me some music .

As for players well to be honest I have a couple of Allo Digione's , a JustBoom Digi and a HiFiBerry Digi pro + I just turn of the system with them attached and they switch off . Either later that day or next day switch them on and after they boot up they work no issues . Never had any problems so do not see the point of addressing a problem that does not exist for me . First time I have a problem then I am going to have to learn a way to address it , till then carry on regardless .

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, bencat said:

I understand why people turn their items off before shutting down but have to admit to being a lazy b so LMS is on 24/7 on my Raspberry Pi 4 so gets rebooted when updated otherwise is just sitting there waiting for me to ask it to send me some music .

As for players well to be honest I have a couple of Allo Digione's , a JustBoom Digi and a HiFiBerry Digi pro + I just turn of the system with them attached and they switch off . Either later that day or next day switch them on and after they boot up they work no issues . Never had any problems so do not see the point of addressing a problem that does not exist for me . First time I have a problem then I am going to have to learn a way to address it , till then carry on regardless .

Same here - I have 5 Pi-based players scattered around now and they all stay powered on unless there's a power cut. No problems at all.

6 hours ago, Man in a van said:

There is a "Deezer Free" app one can install at mysqueezebox.com, I can't remember if this is required for the Hi-FI Deezer deals, sorry, but Deezer is installed in LMS by default, anyway 9_9

deezer-free.png

ronnie

Ronnie, it'll let you have the trial if you use a different email address to the one you used before. 3 months free, I couldn't pass that one up, even it does top out at 44.1Khz. 

16 minutes ago, Gizza said:

Ronnie, it'll let you have the trial if you use a different email address to the one you used before. 3 months free, I couldn't pass that one up, even it does top out at 44.1Khz. 

Yeh Gary, I'm aware, but thanks anyway.

One also has to remember to adjust the Player settings to the new e-mail address in the mysqueezebox.com App :doh: (This also, for the Tidal App)

Up and running from the SBTouch with "Direct streaming"

ronnie

Edited by Man in a van

Just now, Man in a van said:

Yea Gary, I'm aware, but thanks anyway.

One also has to remember to adjust the Player settings to the new e-mail address in the mysqueezebox.com App :doh: (This also, for the Tidal App)

Up and running from the SBTouch with "Direct streaming"

ronnie

Yes, I had no problem on Direct Streaming with my SBT either. I wonder if it's a different buffer size on the Pi3b.....

Ah, that Tatiana Hargreaves album is definitely on Deezer, Ronnie (I played it earlier). If you like it, she also plays on Nate Leath -Rockville Pike, also on Deezer. 

On 09/04/2021 at 10:29, Man in a van said:

deezer-free.png

ronnie

Ronnie, I downloaded the 'Airmusic' app last night on to my Android phone and can now 'Airplay' anything and everything to my Pi.

Not sure what it's doing to the stream and how it does it, but sounds good to me.

Edited by Bourneendboy

@Bourneendboy

Hi BIll

I had a quick look at that "Airmusic" app but as my Moto G is on Android 5 I don't think it is me :(

I now have a free Deezer Trial running on LMS.

Procedure is:-

Go to mysqueezebox.com and create an account, add Deezer to My Apps and fill in ones Deezer registration details, complete the player settings.

As I said before, Deezer is installed as default and should appear in MyApps in ones local LMS (a restart of LMS may be required).

Go to Settings > Advanced > Online Music Library Integration to complete the procedure.

Then play away

Deezer-LMS.png

ronnie

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/04/2021 at 22:12, Man in a van said:

@Bourneendboy

Hi BIll

I had a quick look at that "Airmusic" app but as my Moto G is on Android 5 I don't think it is me :(

I now have a free Deezer Trial running on LMS.

Procedure is:-

Go to mysqueezebox.com and create an account, add Deezer to My Apps and fill in ones Deezer registration details, complete the player settings.

As I said before, Deezer is installed as default and should appear in MyApps in ones local LMS (a restart of LMS may be required).

Go to Settings > Advanced > Online Music Library Integration to complete the procedure.

Then play away

Deezer-LMS.png

ronnie

Good to see Tatiana Hargreaves and Nate Leath in your queue, Ronnie! Did you enjoy them?

• 1 month later...
On 09/04/2021 at 15:27, Bolosun said:

I switched mine off at the wall, and it took some fiddling to get it back working. Lost the connection to my NAS box and wouldn't reconnect.

I have 2 Picore/LMS servers, one connected to the network by ethernet with material skin and Firefox (IIRC) with its ip to control it, one wireless with LMS and the squeezer app to control it, and I always just turn the plug off, never had a problem with the wired one, sometimes the wireless one won't reconnect but its just a tap on the phone away.

The Material skin version has a button to turn off LMS IIRC, but I just assumed that was only if you have a HD plugged directly into the pi

• Upvote 1