Do we have a Recommended 2nd Hand Record Store thread?

Hi all,

it happened again: I bought a near mint record from a 2nd hand store (online), and one side has a clearly visible patch that equates into audible hiss. As I stil haven't purchased a proper RCM coutesy of the lockdown, I have to live with my frustration. It's the second time, with the same dealer, that the quality does not suit the description. I'll try to remember this time, and won't buy there again.

It's probably not ok to ear-mark the black sheep in a public forum. Thus, let's turn it around, and elevate those stores, which do an excellent job, and can be trusted.

Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, TooManyCatweazles said:

Hi all,

it happened again: I bought a near mint record from a 2nd hand store (online), and one side has a clearly visible patch that equates into audible hiss. As I stil haven't purchased a proper RCM coutesy of the lockdown, I have to live with my frustration. It's the second time, with the same dealer, that the quality does not suit the description. I'll try to remember this time, and won't buy there again.

It's probably not ok to ear-mark the black sheep in a public forum. Thus, let's turn it around, and elevate those stores, which do an excellent job, and can be trusted.

Any suggestions?

I’m in the UK, and use Tony Lonorgan on pink fish media. He’s a one man band and grades vinyl very well indeed. I’ve been using him for quite a few years now, and have yet to be disappointed. ‘New’ vinyl is added every Sunday evening at 6pm.

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/forums/record-shop.11/

Mick

Edited by MickC
  • Upvote 1

I bought two LPs off of ebay. Neither of them were in as good a condition as described. No more used records sight unseen for me.

In the UK: I tend to use Gordon at Stamford Audio. I would normally go to the Stamford Record Fair Days - but that's been off limits for the last 15 months. Reckless Records, Berwick Street, Soho London is always on my London visit list.

Ebay: I don't use it very often for used vinyl but when I do then Rising Sun Records, Tokyo has always been great - never had a bad one, and I use them regularly - just as well, as returning them would be a pig!

• Like 1

I have recently purchased a couple of second-hand LPs online, and have been very happy with the service, the quality and the grading, and would recommend both sellers. One is "London Vinyl" on Amazon.co.uk, the other is "jamesrcgibbs" on Discogs.

• Like 1