Upgrade suggestions from Tannoy Arden HPD-385A

You obviously like Tannoy's  tannoy prestige | eBay

How could anyone argue with Magnapan's when the 0.7's can sound this good (2) MAGNEPAN SETUP SECRET REVEALED ! - YouTube

Two fantastic amplifiers you have there, so really the worlds your oyster when it comes to speaker options.

Edited by antonio66
20 hours ago, Blzebub said:

You will struggle to ever get a good sound in a square room. IOW, don't blame your speakers for bad room acoustics.

My room is 5m x 4.5m and I have always managed to achieve good results with whatever I have used with a couple of exceptions (B&W 802d/Linn Accurate just too big) my best by far is the present one with active speakers

I agree actives are great, but the type of speaker doesn't affect room acoustics. If any two room dimensions are the same or very similar, the mode at a given frequency is reinforced. The worst possible room is a cube.

Have you had to use bass traps?

On 10/04/2021 at 12:13, Blzebub said:

You will struggle to ever get a good sound in a square room. IOW, don't blame your speakers for bad room acoustics.

Good advice .. you need to ensure that trial new speakers in your home to see how the room interplays with them.  This question has been raised countless times in many forums .. buggered if I know the answer but if you could put a bookcase/LP rack divider to narrow most of the room (bringing it in to 12 feet wide) I cannot help but feel it will make a drastic improvement to the sound.  

I've recently moved my 150s (-6dB @23Hz in free space) into a new room, 6.1 x 5.2 x 2.3m. The longer two dimensions give me fundamental modes at 28Hz and 32Hz. From what I understand, an enormous amount of bass trapping would be needed to tame those, but I have three largish CD racks behind the listening sofa, and an air gap of about 6" between those and the back wall.

You could certainly try a "wall of LPs" between you and the wall behind you, it might well help.

Moving yourself away from room boundaries is as important as moving the speakers away, I have learned.