The world is totally lost

It could just be that he meant to put in £80 but accidentally put in 800 ... Mind you I wouldn't buy one for £80 either

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Didn't What Hi-Fi rate them as one of the iconic amps or some other nonsense. A bit like the Nait 2 when everyone went nuts over them after a report in the Guardian. I couldn't get rid of my Nait 2 for a decent price and wish I had have hung onto it after hearing all the drivel spoke about them on here and other forums. They more than doubled their original retail price. The seller is probably hoping for a similar reaction with his Audiolab.

• Upvote 1

that kitchen system you always wanted but couldn't afford new... df7f95a7c6b27465bdd826dc51d68457.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Edited by 2010*zuma
  • Haha 4

I thought this thread was better with the typo in the title.

4 hours ago, Distorted Vision said:

A side note. Never really understand why people take hi-fi components and other expensive electronics into their garden to photograph.

Good natural lighting.

• Upvote 1
58 minutes ago, Tony_J said:

Good natural lighting.

Yes, unless you have distorted vision it does help.

• Haha 1
On 08/04/2021 at 21:44, Beckenham said:

No comments: :fly:

We'll do the commenting then xD

It has to be a typo, they've added two 0's on it by accident :D

Spent some time with 8000As over the years. They're not bad. Not very romantic or exciting but it's a hifi amp non the less.

Always admired the minimalist styling, name and perhaps sound to some extent. They really are a bit picky with speaker matching though.

For me to buy another it would have to be 30-40 quid. Then again I still wouldn't want to listen to one again. I prefer what 40 pound new class d amps are capable of and for a fraction of the size these days. 

Edited by eddie-baby

It's not just this listing, there are loads of silly priced stuff. Suspicious in some cases. Bring back free ads!

Honestly? In a world where someone can ask for £50 - or more - for a fuse, is this really that bad?

Ultimately, if anyone's is daft enough, then that's their look-out. You'd hope that people would do some research first, but "there's always one".

On 11/04/2021 at 06:56, Tony_J said:

Good natural lighting.

works with strongbow in the beer garden summertime too... look at all those magnificent tiny little bubbles🥴

Edited by 2010*zuma

My original British Q and M’s with my meridian 206 and home brew speakers sounded really quite good to me.

• 4 weeks later...

Amusing how some have a certain perspective on hi-fi kit.

This made me laugh too at the sellers' naivety 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233974197862?hash=item3679f2ee66:g:F3IAAOSwGL9eSSQS

The 8000a was great in its day but that day has passed.  £150-175 is fair value now for what it can do though the market is what it is.

On the positive side, the manufacturer will probably still maintain it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1