HDMI 2 board not cooperating with Panasonic Oled arc

zephyr

Greetings all, I have just upgraded my ADSM to Katalyst and HDMI2 .

Katalyst is wonderful as many here have attested. 

The HDMI 2 lack of connectivity has left me thinking it was a waste of money.

I have purchased an expensive HDMi2 arc cable to eliminate this variable.

When TV is connected it sees the arc link from Linn and then will only offer the Home theatre option . This also true in the Vierra link app 

If the volume level is altered on the tv, the tv displays  home theatre volume up and down but no sound out of the Linn.

I  have disconnected the optical feed from the tv as others have reported that this can help

I read that Linn will only accept two channel feed for HDMI 2 

In Konfig CEC is on and the Tv clearly does see a hand shake from Linn

Pana oled is a 2018 version.

Anyone had a similar situation? Ideas to coax 2 channel out of TV?

Have you tried different hdmi input on tv 

I had issues with mine and pass through my lumagen needed a software rewrite

I'm not going to be much help to you but wanted to congratulate you on your choice of TV. I have a 55" Pana oled and think it is brilliant. J run my sound through hdmi to a Sonos Beam (also excellent). The only Suggestion I can make is to be aware that not all hdmi ports on the Pano are the same. Only one is arc compliant which I doubt you would need in this case. So as others have suggested try a different HDMI port on the Pano.

Does the Pana offer a way to set up the HDMI audio?

Linn will only accept two-channel *PCM* - but for some reason it seems to not properly broadcast that fact.

I've raised a ticket with Linn quite some time ago as I'm in a similar boat - my vintage LOEWE TV will usually output AC3 but not for all channels. On those channels that only broadcast Stereo it outputs PCM and in those rare cases the Linn ADSM with HDMI 2 will put out a sound.

The surround sound decoder board from Linn could solve this in a heartbeat, but as I only use stereo I'm unwilling to pay more than a grand for that, obviously...

Edited by uk030

I am trying to relate your setup to mine. What is the source for your television pictures? A digibox? TV tuner?

TV Tuner plus Fire Stick run through the TV (which can put out ARC, theoretically. Works with the Stick but only with select channels of live television. As stated, you need to force the source to only output 2ch PCM. You can do that for the Fire TV Stick. You cant do it with the TV).

Oppo BD 93 is connected to the Linn ADSM, then HDMI on the Telly.

On 09/04/2021 at 15:24, uk030 said:

Does the Pana offer a way to set up the HDMI audio?

If it is the same as mine then you can change the setting in Menu > Sound > SPDIF Selection. Mine is set to Dolby Audio (but I don't connect to Linn) but there is a PCM option. @zephyr worth checking this.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for your comments. 
as far as I can see the Panasonic only has a home theatre option which I presume means 5.1 and so Linn hdmi won’t play it. A waste of time and money for me I’m afraid. 
I see from other forums that arc hdmi connectivity / incompatible issues are rife unfortunately.