Prince Philip (99) RIP .

It's sad he's gone...I quite liked him and some of his comments were comical ....I reckon he was a secret audiophool.....R.i.P....phil.

Now I wonder if the ..Absconders from over the pond will make an appearance..............:nerves:

• Like 1
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've always been fairly positive about him to be honest. His public image in recent years has been tainted by his slide into old age and his propensity to offend with his occasional bluntness. He had

Yes.  Someone who gave his life to a country that wasn't even his own, fought for it in WW2, worked until he was 97, and inspired millions with his activities on behalf of young people and the Commonw

We'd know if it was him as, when he saw all the wires at the back, he'd ask if it had been put together by an Indian. Sent from my BKL-L09 using Tapatalk

Posted Images

Where's Blair when you need him?

Surely he was the 'Peoples Prince'.

Sorry. Duke.

43 minutes ago, lazycat said:

Where's Blair when you need him?

Surely he was the 'Peoples Prince'.

Sorry. Duke.

Wasn't mine. Didn't have my interests at heart and lied to me. No comparison to HRH.

2 hours ago, deggie said:

It's sad he's gone...I quite liked him and some of his comments were comical ....I reckon he was a secret audiophool.....R.i.P....phil.

Now I wonder if the ..Absconders from over the pond will make an appearance..............:nerves:

I hope they show a compilation of his gaffs.😁

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Gizza said:

I hope they show a compilation of his gaffs.😁

There's a website with them on it if you google. TBH, they are only the result of a mischievious and non-PC sense of humour. Some of them are brilliant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know it is very sad that he has died but do they really have to programs about PP on BBC 1, BBC2, ITV all blooming day. BBC have even cancelled everything on BBC 4. Good job I have my music.

*When I say PP I don't mean Plastic Penguin.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
17 minutes ago, AntA said:

I know it is very sad that he has died but do they really have to programs about PP on BBC 1, BBC2, ITV all blooming day.

Yes.  Someone who gave his life to a country that wasn't even his own, fought for it in WW2, worked until he was 97, and inspired millions with his activities on behalf of young people and the Commonwealth.

So yes.  Get a grip.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3
47 minutes ago, awkwardbydesign said:

Yes.  Someone who gave his life to a country that wasn't even his own, fought for it in WW2, worked until he was 97, and inspired millions with his activities on behalf of young people and the Commonwealth.

So yes.  Get a grip.

I agree with most of that, but what I don't understand is why exactly the same program has to be on both the BBC channels at the same time. It is not as though people with BBC1 don't have BBC2 or vice versa .

Edited by AntA
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2
16 minutes ago, AntA said:

I agree with most of that, but what I don't understand is why it has to be on all the BBC channels at the same time.

Step away from the idiot box and play some music. I'm sure you aren't pining for the One Show.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
6 hours ago, Sumdumgi said:

propensity to offend with his occasional bluntness

Think that is just a generation thing anyway, I really don't think he ever meant any malice. When you been like that most of your life the concept of political correctness is something he will never quite master as times have changed and as he aged.

Edited by eddie-baby
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, AntA said:

I know it is very sad that he has died but do they really have to programs about PP on BBC 1, BBC2, ITV all blooming day. BBC have even cancelled everything on BBC 4. Good job I have my music.

*When I say PP I don't mean Plastic Penguin.

Probably.  Whether You/I/we like him or not, he was a a very important part of UK history over the last 80 years.  Plus married to the UK head of state for about 75 years.  I would suggest only the Queen will get more coverage.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, awkwardbydesign said:

So yes.  Get a grip.

Bowed out of royal duties when he was 95. Bloody slacker.

• Haha 2

I saw him at a glance doing some formal duties at St Pauls Cathedral in full uniform, he cut quite a figure, he looked a lot taller than as seen on the media.  I think his own description of himself (when he first came on the UK Royal scene) as a 'Lucky Balkan Prince without any merit' was quite apt. He proved to be a loyal and supportive Prince.    

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Will there be a national holiday in the uk?