TV cover

Lee M

If you’ve only turned it on twice, why do you need it at all ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, mr neds said:

If you’ve only turned it on twice, why do you need it at all ?

The TV was bought mainly for the grand kids when they stay over, since COVID and my wife isolating they have hardly been round never mind staying over. It will get used this coming week as were having a bit of work done in the house, we'll go in the garage room and watch a film while the plumber does his stuff.

When I was single I didn't own a TV.

18 minutes ago, t1no said:

Does your TV have an ambient mode where it can show some artwork or one f your own images? Samsung TVs have such a mode.

its a Phillips ambilight , not sure id have to look in the setting, Ill be using the TV tomorrow, 

I've seen some sound pads online at IKEA that might do the trick on a stretchable cover, I'm going Friday to have a gander 

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/oddlaug-sound-absorbing-panel-grey-00427366/

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lee M said:

its a Phillips ambilight , not sure id have to look in the setting, Ill be using the TV tomorrow.

Use your TV as mood lighting :)

https://www.philips.co.uk/c-f/XC000010316/how-to-use-the-lounge-light-mode-of-my-philips-tv

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, t1no said:

I still find it strange that the bottom of the TV has no lights, odd to say the least. I'd sooner it be covered and no lights, I only bought the Phillips as it was big and not to expensive

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, karlinamillion said:

I was thinking much the same, my tellys a 32" so a bit easier in some respects.

A nice Jackson Pollock would work well I think, and I have a laser cut paper picture of a Koi my neighbour made for me (like this), but that would need some sort of illumination

I think the grandkids are going to do a sheet/canvas for me. They were rounds over the weekend but were to "busy" to do it.