Free for pickup! Very well built loudspeaker cabinets.

Very well built cabinets in heavily braced birch ply 18mm. Five sided to cut down internal reflections, internally damped with bitumen panels. Made for twin Jordan drivers but could easily be adapted, e.g. for Alpair 10M or whatever.  

Diameter of speaker opening is 120mm. Height 93cm, front and side panels 20cm, back panels 17cm. 

These were specially commissioned and cost a fair bit. Need the space so must go to a keen speaker builder. 

Collection from Kensington London opposite Olympia. 

Speaker front.jpg

• Like 1

I have a similar 5 sided pair of cabinets, taller and slimmer, with Alpair 10M gen.1 units. I love them and have for several years.

These are generation 2 from the same cabinet maker - should be better still. I just can't seem to get round to finishing them. 

Perfect for a pair of Alpair 10M and fill the other hole or put a new faceplate on - whatever. Very easy to adapt and it will sound brilliant. 

Interested?

14 minutes ago, pmcuk said:

Interested?

Am I interested, they are speakers I'm interested :D

Too far from me though and to be perfectly honest I wouldn't want to go down the road of being obsessed with these and sourced drivers, etc etc. So no, not for me. Great set of cabinets for someone though, I'm sure someone will be delighted and put together a fantastic set of speakers from them. Very good of you to move them on this way.

• 2 weeks later...

These are still unsold. Come and pick them up and you'll get a free pair of very well built cabinets!!

I don't want to get the Council to pick them up and destroy them, but I absolutely need to make space. 

Go for it and save a pair of good cabinets from oblivion!!!

I can’t see the images.  What size is the speaker cutout? 

Edited by The Marlin

Sorry. Weird duplicate post

Edited by The Marlin