App to play 5.1 files

At the moment to play my 5.1 files through my system I need to turn on projector and the use oppo remote to select and play my files on the server is there an app that I can use to do this on my iPad 

• Upvote 1

I have to do the same as you, turning on the TV, and access my 5.1 files on the NAS through the OPPO remote

There is an OPPO app, on the App Store, but I have not tried it recently 

02695E07-E0D5-4D4A-AE4B-86790CD6EA0D.png

Edited by Paulssurround

7 hours ago, Nrwatson said:

At the moment to play my 5.1 files through my system I need to turn on projector and the use oppo remote to select and play my files on the server is there an app that I can use to do this on my iPad 

I contacted OPPO this morning and here is their reply

Hello,

The Remote Control App is not compatible with the UDP-203 or UDP-205.  For those players, you will need to use the MediaControl App for UDP-20X.  Per the provided firmware information, the player is on the latest official firmware.

Best Regards, 

Customer Service 
OT Service, Inc. 
Service@oppodigital.com 

Thanks Paul will give it a try

1 hour ago, Nrwatson said:

Thanks Paul will give it a try

I just downloaded the OPPO Media Control App for UDP20X.

‘It works very well, using my iPad 

After following the instructions, which includes turning on the OPPO, opening the tray drawer, then pressing the stop button on the remote, it then connects, once you select your player.

‘Then everything attached to your network is available to control through the new OPPO Media Player App, including music, videos, and photos.

‘Thank s for starting this thread, nrwatson, as I did not know about this app.

• Like 1

Works for me too on the media app on my 103. Great news thanks @Paulssurround

• Like 1

On 13/04/2021 at 05:50, Nrwatson said:

Like you, I have a projector, so I'm doing all this in the dark. I revisited the Oppo app last night. I thought a lit screen would be advantageous. It turned out to be a bit clunky for me as my eyesight corrected is either good for near, or good for looking at the big screen, but not both. The tactile nature of the remote seemed to work a little better in the dark.

On 14/04/2021 at 06:43, Paulssurround said:

I just downloaded the OPPO Media Control App for UDP20X.

‘It works very well, using my iPad 

After following the instructions, which includes turning on the OPPO, opening the tray drawer, then pressing the stop button on the remote, it then connects, once you select your player.

‘Then everything attached to your network is available to control through the new OPPO Media Player App, including music, videos, and photos.

‘Thank s for starting this thread, nrwatson, as I did not know about this app.

Paul, buddy! You had the 105D before it! Before I bought my 105D I read lots of reviews that talked about the app...buddy buddy buddy...technology is your blind spot. 

On 15/04/2021 at 08:52, Jail4CEOs2 said:

Paul, buddy! You had the 105D before it! Before I bought my 105D I read lots of reviews that talked about the app...buddy buddy buddy...technology is your blind spot. 

Yes, I still have my OPPO 105, as well as the OPPO 203.

‘I downloaded the OPPO Media Control App 10X a few years ago, and it was very poor. Not well designed at all, and I just preferred using  the OPPO remote control.

The newer  OPPO Media Control App 20X is a completely different animal from the old app, and is well worth downloading if you have an OPPO 203 or 205

I suspect it will fulfill nrwatson’s needs?

Yes it is great can now listen to all my 5.1 music on my Melco without having to power up the projector channel classic have some great 5.1 tracks to download 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I ripped them from my SACDs with my Sony Blu-ray player

On 17/04/2021 at 00:01, Nrwatson said:

Yes it is great can now listen to all my 5.1 music on my Melco without having to power up the projector channel classic have some great 5.1 tracks to download 

I'm wondering why you would play music through the Oppo rather than just directly into and through the DSM. Seems that a Linn DSM would be a much better source than an Oppo player.

36 minutes ago, akamatsu said:

I'm wondering why you would play music through the Oppo rather than just directly into and through the DSM. Seems that a Linn DSM would be a much better source than an Oppo player.

Linn streamers must be fed 5.1 as a PCM signal, otherwise they will not play surround.

‘The OPPO’s do the conversion to PCM, and then feeds the Linn

Edited by Paulssurround

3 minutes ago, Paulssurround said:

Linn streamers must be fed 5.1 as a PCM signal, otherwise they will not play surround.

‘The OPPO’s do the conversion to PCM, and then feeds the Linn

Not even with the surround module?