Sound the klaxon - I declare my system finished

Is the colour cast in the second photo simply the result of poor white balance, or did you snap the picture when the disco lights that surround your listening chair were flashing yellow?

• Like 1

Is the coat hanging up part of the acoustic room treatment, have you considered hanging one behind the other speaker for balance ?:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
8 minutes ago, Nifkin said:

Is the colour cast in the second photo simply the result of poor white balance, or did you snap the picture when the disco lights that surround your listening chair were flashing yellow?

I have one of those arty smarty low wattage LED filament type bulbs which is a very warm yellow colour so it's just (very) poor lighting / white balance... 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Rayymondo said:

Is the coat hanging up part of the acoustic room treatment, have you considered hanging one behind the other speaker for balance ?:D

No, that is my Rise jacket.  Rise was my clubbing home for many years and one of the best house nights in the country.  So many good memories of it.  The print on the shelf is of the Leadmill in Sheffield where it was held and the orange wallet is my Rise wallet :).  Next for the collection - you can buy a piece of the old Leadmill dancefloor with the Rise logo laser etched on it...

• Like 1
On 14/04/2021 at 02:45, dannybgoode said:

After a journey that started early 2019 after I was recovering from major surgery and a few false starts along the way I can finally declare my system done.

Many and hearty thanks to Moorgate Acoustics for their help, advice, generous use of their demo room, even more generous offers of home demos and of course, the coffee. I don't mind shamelessly plugging them - there may well be equals but a better hifi store you'll not find and Paul and his staff go above and beyond. 

A special mention to Mike & Nico of Halcyon Consulting for sorting my room acoustics - a recommended service if anyone is looking to squeeze that last bit out of their system.

And of course a thank you to you 'orrible Wammers for allowing me onboard and guiding me through the way of the Wam, the banter and the cable threads. And of course the odd recommendation ( @CnoEvil - the bank manager is cross with you in particular :D ) and plenty of futile Internet debates

So from top to bottom, left to right we have; Leak 2001 Transcription Unit TT, Raspberry Pi4 and a Topping D50s DAC, Khozmo Acoustics passive preamp, Cyrus Phono Signatute, Custom ARB TT, Technics M260 Cassette Deck, Sony 337ESD CD, Cyrus PSX-R2, Yamaha CA810 amp (use still to be determined), Denon Digital Recorder, Musical Fidelity AMS35P. Speakers are Rega RX3 with a BK Electronic XLS200 sub.

Cables - Van Damme, WBT and Amazon Basic interconnects and KabelDirekt speaker cable with Amazon Basic banana plugs. 

Can't see anything needed changing until it breaks :)

YCcsgkU.jpg

6r1WCjI.jpg

Lovely looking sir :)

Now all you have to do is sit back and enjoy the music :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, newlash09 said:

Lovely looking sir :)

Now all you have to do is sit back and enjoy the music :)

Thank you.  And that is exactly what I am doing - I have listened to more music in the last week or so than I have in the last couple of months before that.

To be fair hifi has always been more about the music than the kit for me and I was very close to leaving things as they were but then the Musical Fidelity came up and it is an absolute dream amp for me and one I never thought I would even see in the flesh, never mind actually own so had to take the opportunity whilst it was there.

• Like 1

Great system, pleased you have finally found your goal. I'd love to see a better photo of both your tt's  :)

• Like 1