Sugden A21 Signature / A21SE Signature - Opinions?

robbie010

4 minutes ago, Alvolake said:

What is the Sig ? Both the 23w A21 mk 2 and the 30w A21SE have the Signature surname. 

Edited for clarity.

5 minutes ago, Alvolake said:

if used with some Rothwell attenuators. They allow the vol.pot. to work much more around its mid-point rather than delivering 60% of its wallop in the first 10 minutes of its range.

Agreed and I've done exactly the same.

3 minutes ago, flaxton said:

What do the Rothwell attenuators actually do please.

They allow the volume to increase more slowly, as you turn the volume knob....ie give more control over volume.

Ring Patrick at Sugden he likes  Harbeth speakers and has a pair in his listening room so will tell you what works best in practice. 20 weeks back order on new kit due to demand.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yoda900 said:

Ring Patrick at Sugden he likes  Harbeth speakers and has a pair in his listening room so will tell you what works best in practice. 20 weeks back order on new kit due to demand.

What’s works in practice for him will be different for others. There is not ‘one answer’ and only opinions. 
I have Harbeth SHL5s and have used a Marantz PM11S2 and a Leben CS300XS - other people prefer Naim or Sugden. Everyone has the right answer for themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, DomT said:

What’s works in practice for him will be different for others. There is not ‘one answer’ and only opinions. 
I have Harbeth SHL5s and have used a Marantz PM11S2 and a Leben CS300XS - other people prefer Naim or Sugden. Everyone has the right answer for themselves. 

@Lee M what is confusing you about what I have said? Do you not think that people have different preferences?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DomT said:

@Lee M what is confusing you about what I have said? Do you not think that people have different preferences?

So can't Patrick from Sugden have an opinion or preference then ?

Edited by Lee M
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Lee M said:

So can't Patrick from Sugden have an opinion or preference then ?

I never said that. What I said was he will only have his own opinion. The OP may have a different preference.

And you added a laughing emoji against my statement that people have different preferences. Is that because you think that everyone on here has the same preferences and therefore the same hifi system? Sorry but I have no clue about what you are trying to convey.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, DomT said:

I never said that. What I said was he will only have his own opinion. The OP may have a different preference.

And you added a laughing emoji against my statement that people have different preferences. Is that because you think that everyone on here has the same preferences and therefore the same hifi system? Sorry but I have no clue about what you are trying to convey.

Just ignore me.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Lee M said:

Just ignore me.

I suppose he could also ask ‘all amps sound the same’ Alan Shaw the Harbeth owner aka ‘who now likes to use Hegal at demos’ Alan Shaw. 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, DomT said:

I suppose he could also ask ‘all amps sound the same’ Alan Shaw the Harbeth owner aka ‘who now likes to use Hegal at demos’ Alan Shaw. 😂😂😂

I was hoping you were ignoring me. :peace:

I wouldn't know tbh.......We are all opinionated and have preferences in our own ways...

Patrick Miller is definitely well placed to advise though, the answer would be short and sweet thats for sure!!!!!

Sugden is to Harbs what pipes are to slippers 😃, eh Jon ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Idlewithnodrive said:

Sugden is to Harbs what pipes are to slippers 😃, eh Jon ?

Definitely not Mr Mike! That’s a terrible thing to say 😂

• Haha 1