Quick question. Look to move stuff around in my room. One design would need a Exakt link cable from a Urika-II to the SDSM of about 15-20 feet. 

1. What is the practical length of Exakt connections
  2. What type of cables do you use? I have a Chord Epic right now but would consider something else for this length.

Thanks 

2 hours ago, macfan said:

Quick question. Look to move stuff around in my room. One design would need a Exakt link cable from a Urika-II to the SDSM of about 15-20 feet. 

1. What is the practical length of Exakt connections
  2. What type of cables do you use? I have a Chord Epic right now but would consider something else for this length.

Thanks 

Linn mentions <30 m or <100 m depending on cable type for the Exakt link on this page:

https://docs.linn.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Exakt_link

So 20 feet should be no problem.

• Like 1

My ASH and AEBi are connected with 15 meter CAT6 (SF/FTP) nothing fancy except for the shielding.

Works and sounds perfectly fine for me.

• Like 1

I just ordered and received a 10 foot cable for my LP12. I just need something a little longer than the 6 foot I have now. I got Blue Jeans Cable Cat 5e. I went from BJC Cat 6a to BJC Cat 5e on the two ExaktLinks to the spealers. I like the more immediate sound of the non-shielded cable, but I can't imagine the difference passing a blind test.

• Upvote 1

Thanks - spoke with Linn dealer this AM. He is going to make me the cable. He uses these nice connectors so on one end we are going to use a female and the other end a male connector. This will allow me to connect to the pig tail coming out to the LP12 until he gets to town. He shop is about 220 miles down the road. Luck for me I live a a tourist town and folks are hankering to get back at it.