Sign in to follow this  
simont

I won't change my System In The Next 12 months?

I have some new amps coming, a dCS upsampler in the post which means I need a DAC, and I'll have a new room within a few months that'll need a source (unless the SB3 into the Purcell/DAC sounds good enough), and I'll probably get a new cartridge.

But I love the sound of my system, and am entirely happy with it :)

Borats Baby wrote:

I havn't changed my system since I've been a member of the wigwam.

I dont intend to either.

Unless a pair of speakers comes along that will blow me away for less than sixty quid !!

:whistle:

Me too, There was a thread of pics the other January (was it really 07?). My system is somewhat different to then and there aremore planned changes on the way.

I will be changing my dvd player for a blu ray player, and getting a huge hard drive for my music. Also I will be getting IKEA bookshelves for my vinyl. I am not sure if these even count as changes though.

Blu ray transports must be the best transports going with their insane jitter specs

Unless heart rules the head and vinyl rears it's beautiful head again then nothing happens over the next 12 months.

Oh more CDs of course:D

Strat

As the only changes I've made over the last 2-3 years have been making up 2 sets of balanced leads (slightly louder, possibly better, possibly not), putting some 10p marble coasters under the TT to get rid of the feedback (it worked!) and £50 worth of Van Damme 6mm blue series speaker cable (possibly more bass, possibly not), I doubt I'll do anything else over the next couple of years barring listening to muzak, and perhaps buying a new projector bulb..

I'm also going to buy a Humax PVR, but that doesn't count as hifi..

I wont be changing a thing.happy-old-009.gif

johnniebaby wrote:

Borats Baby wrote:
I havn't changed my system since I've been a member of the wigwam.

I dont intend to either.

Unless a pair of speakers comes along that will blow me away for less than sixty quid !!

:whistle:

apart from the bits JB has given me, but they dont count as I only accepted them graciously.

:D

Everything from Beethoven's 9th to The Flaming Lips' Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots... and everything else in between... sounds marvellous at present. Can't see myself changing any kit in the next twelve months...

... yet...