MQA Tested On Tidal - Very interesting video

Electric Cafe

• Electric Cafe changed the title to MQA Tested On Tidal - Very interesting video

AIX music have been going on about this for yonks. A disgraceful fraud solely aimed at leveraging more money from music lovers and incidentally filling the pockets of Meridian's founders.

How does anyone believe a flac 24/96 file can be compressed into 16/44.1 and then "unfolded" with the same, let alone increased resolution than the original posessed. I mean how can anyone be that stupid?

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

I've read some of Archimago's posts on MQA in the past but these videos are an interesting addition to the info. out there.

I find it somewhat depressing that a service like Tidal that at one point offered a genuine higher audio quality alternative has gone the way it has through the ever increasing move to MQA.

I feel strangely unthreatened by MQA. I'm not even mad at Tidal offering it. I don't even watch videos about it. I may need to see a doctor, I'm just not feeling the hate... I've got a bunch of CDs, still buy them, rip stuff, stream. I listen to Radio Paradise (sounds great no?). I guess I'll wake up one day and BOOM, I feel the anger... I've always been a bit odd.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Tintinabulum said:

I feel strangely unthreatened by MQA. I'm not even mad at Tidal offering it. I don't even watch videos about it. I may need to see a doctor, I'm just not feeling the hate... I've got a bunch of CDs, still buy them, rip stuff, stream. I listen to Radio Paradise (sounds great no?). I guess I'll wake up one day and BOOM, I feel the anger... I've always been a bit odd.

I'm not sure what exactly you're responding to in relation to anyone feeling 'mad' or 'angry' there. That wasn't really what I got from the videos that by the sound of it you won't have watched :).

10 minutes ago, MartinC said:

I'm not sure what exactly you're responding to in relation to anyone feeling 'mad' or 'angry' there. That wasn't really what I got from the videos that by the sound of it you won't have watched :).

He may have been referring to Jazid's description of MQA as a "disgraceful fraud solely aimed at leveraging more money from music lovers and incidentally filling the pockets of Meridian's founders". That sounds sort of angry. Or at least displeased.

2 hours ago, TheFlash said:

He may have been referring to Jazid's description of MQA as a "disgraceful fraud solely aimed at leveraging more money from music lovers and incidentally filling the pockets of Meridian's founders". That sounds sort of angry. Or at least displeased.

Jazid is of course spot on in this description.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, montesquieu said:

Jazid is of course spot on in this description

Well it's certainly an opinion (and yours- not mine...). You've clearly got the hate already, I can't wait! Such fun.

1 hour ago, Tintinabulum said:

Well it's certainly an opinion (and yours- not mine...). You've clearly got the hate already, I can't wait! Such fun.

Care to explain why you are in favour of MQA? This should be amusing ....

1 hour ago, montesquieu said:

Care to explain why you are in favour of MQA? This should be amusing ....

Don't think I said I'm in favour? Sorry to disappoint. I just don't have the hate. I do feel I'm missing out though, must be so rewarding...one day.

Posted (edited)

Don't think I said I'm in favour? Sorry to disappoint. I just don't have the hate. I do feel I'm missing out though, must be so rewarding...one day.

How about actually watching the videos. Particularly as this is in Tech Corner.

Edited by MartinC

Seems odd to post only to demonstrate your ignorance on a topic. Anyway, you are now on the Ignore list.