SOLD! Arcam D-33 DAC

Jules_S

As mentioned in my other sale ad, I find myself unexpectedly having to raise funds as quickly as I can to go towards the £6000+ vetinary bill for my gorgeous girl Roxy, who has been suffering so much of late. Were it not for this there's no way I'd be putting this DAC up for sale as it's simply amazing.

I purchased it "pre-loved" from 2ndhandhifi on 12/9/2019. It's in basically as-new condition - I can't find any cosmetic damage anywhere on it, with the exception of a small scuff on the back panel near the coax inputs, but it's barely noticeable. It's a versatile thing with two optical, two coax digital, an AES/EBU, 2 USB-B and one USB-A put, the latter designed explicitly for connecting iPods (or other iThings I presume, I've never used it). It has two switchable digital filter, that can also be turned off. It supports resolutions up to 24-bit / 192KHz on most inputs except optical, which is up to 96KHz. There's two unbalanced and one balanced (XLR) output. Being from the FMJ range, the build quality is fabulous - it feels built to last a long long time.

It comes complete with remote control (warning - it's a shockingly cheap and nasty feeling and looking thing! Quite surprising considering how good the actual DAC itself is), all original packaging and box, instruction manual and a rather outdated USB driver disc for Windows XP, Vista and 7. I don't know but expect you can probably download a Windows 10 driver form the website.

A rough calculation on the shipping costs for UK (sorry, Wam friends overseas, this is a UK-only sale) is around £40, including insurance. I won't ship it without covering it for the sale value, and will only use reputable couriers such as UPS. You are welcome to collect (in a Covid-19-safe way of course) from me in Southampton, or I would be willing to deliver within a 30-ish mile radius.

I'm asking £550 for this, or a sensible close-offer. Like my amp, it has to go quickly to help cover the surgery costs for my gorgeous girl, but for that very reason I won't entertain low-ball offers as every penny will count. As it is, I may be selling my car too to help find the remaining cost so please have pity on her (and my Barclaycard!).

Pictured here in the rack with my Gato amp (also for sale)

IMG_9254.jpeg.59c463211f52ca79a8d132faaaffee19.jpeg

IMG_9255.jpeg.b4d07076acfabdbd6326914ed1156599.jpeg

IMG_9256.jpeg.521e1102857f15f3f6f732e1975e5e59.jpeg

IMG_9257.jpeg.733e8868344040d98f261578d556bf8f.jpeg

IMG_9261.jpeg.f19de3871b2f3b74eb7bcb6654eb7eed.jpeg

IMG_9258.jpeg.88bc5a36705934ba009f2d691e7b1061.jpeg

IMG_9259.jpeg.3afa98074743a094663caf09dfd14c6c.jpeg

IMG_9260.jpeg.ec9a72bd048ef7b247d918fac8eb6da4.jpeg

IMG_9262.jpeg.b3e087687b5823930fbbec9722bb692f.jpeg

IMG_9265.jpeg.f5fa45cb46ebb4adfa2c64d491cf9bac.jpeg

And this is who is going to benefit from the proceeds of the sale - pictured here in happier times:

IMG_9055.jpeg.1f997d59899d572f854252098ccd2d5c.jpeg

Edited by Jules_S
Item is sold
  • Like 3

Bless her heart, you're doing the right thing and I wish you every sucess with the sales. Unfortunately I've recently sustained some hearing damage and am about to do a sell off myself otherwise I'd be all over this DAC.

• Like 1

Whoever buys this dac is getting a stupendous piece of kit. Mine's seen off plenty of competition, it's wonderfully analogue sounding with bags of detail. The soundstage is massive and image placement is spot on.

Such a shame that you are having to sell it to help Roxy, but she would do it for you, if she could, in an instant. You get 110% love off them.

Good luck in both your sale and Roxy's health.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hi Joules/ Roxy although we've never met, or conversed previously, as a fellow boxer dog and frenchie owner I feel your pain. If you PM your details I'll make PayPal friends n family payment to help. May not be a lot but if more members offer the same we'll get mighty oaks from small acorns.

Kris

bruv n sis.jpg

• Like 6

I`m happy to do the same, let me have a PP address.

All done, Hope it helps and it works out for you and Roxy. Good luck.

Edited by PSXmad2
update
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Same here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I asked about how to help in the other thread, then found this - so pleez divulge details of how to contribute!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As a fellow canine lover....  I am more than happy to contribute, either crowd-funding or PP.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh my god guys, I am dumbstruck by your incredible generosity (and those who know me know that doesn't happen often!). Are you absolutely sure? This honestly wasn't intended to be a "begging letter". I would hate to think I'm extorting money from anyone.

I'll message you individually rather than publish an email address on this thread. Please don't feel under any obligation (apart from to buy my DAC! Ha) but know that Roxy sends her love to you all. The latest update from the vet is that she is settled OK and not in too much discomfort while they try to rehydrate her. Hopefully tomorrow she can come home and continue to recuperate from this nasty gastro enteritis bug, and then once she's back to strength we can book the operation on her neck.

This is truly an incredible family - considering that many of us have never met or even spoken before I am bowled-over by the response. I truly hope each and every one of you gets some sort of karma-based reward because you absolutely deserve it.

"Big love" from us all!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Hope my little bit helps . Btw should you sell your gear I can loan you my second system ( xtz 100a d3 amp/dac and my gale 401a’s ) until you get sorted.
Best of luck to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Wow. You really are just the best examples of humanity I could ever imagine, I really cannot find words to express my total gratitude for your support. I have set up a new GoFundMe page as suggested, rather than having to send my email address out individually. PLEASE, I would hate for anyone to feel that they are being emotionally-cajoled into any contribution at all, but my other half and I, and Roxy of course, will be overjoyed with anything that you feel able to donate.

It feels really weird to ask like this - a bit like begging! I'm not used to doing it  believe me. Of course I do still need to sell the DAC and my Gato amp to help cover the remaining (spiralling) cost of the treatment, so please do PM me if you are interested. I would be happy to bring it to you to demo at your own home if it helps at all.

Much love to you all, from all of us

Jules

• Jules_S changed the title to SOLD! Arcam D-33 DAC