WANTED: Power Amplifier (2ch Stereo)

9 hours ago, loosend said:

Ok, so there’s no edit button anymore?

If you click on the three horizontal dots on the top right hand corner of your post, the edit button is one of the options that comes up.

Hey guys, thanks for all the replies thus far :)

@IanS Thanks for the offer and I'm sure the Korato is lovely but that's a bit more than I wanted to spend right now and I'm not really after Class A.

@wizmax Yeah, I spotted that Rotel on ebay too. Looks a beast. Decent price? What is Emporium like to deal with?

@loosend Currently running a Yamaha A-S1100 with PMC GB1i speakers. I'm a bit of a Yamaha fanboy and been very happy with it and aware that pre/power does not automatically = better than integrated. I suppose it's a combination of an 'itch' to try out pre/power plus having a pre gives me the option to look at actives cometh the time when I will want to move on from the PMC.

I shall scope out the various Quad options mentioned by others and good to know that you have that 306 @Samhud

Still got my eyes out...

I've got a legendary Nelson Pass Threshold S/200 power amp for sale.

Here is the link:-

Posted (edited)

There was a 306 not far from here recently. I'd have it if I were you.

EDIT This

Edited by audio_PHIL_e
On 30/04/2021 at 23:16, norliss said:

Still got my eyes out...

What sort of budget do you have in mind? And what preamp will you be using to control the power amp? 

It's a bit like "I spy with my little eye" but no one is saying "closer."  :)

Posted (edited)

@aybracers That Nelson Pass amp looks an absolute brute alas it's not practical for me at the moment and £800 is more than I wanted to spend right now.

@Kalum For the moment, I didn't want to spend too much but wanted XLR inputs so likely something a bit younger and more modest rather than something older and more gargantuan! I suppose I was looking at something under £400.

Edited by norliss
additional
On 03/05/2021 at 20:54, norliss said:

@aybracers That Nelson Pass amp looks an absolute brute alas it's not practical for me at the moment and £800 is more than I wanted to spend right now.

@Kalum For the moment, I didn't want to spend too much but wanted XLR inputs so likely something a bit younger and more modest rather than something older and more gargantuan! I suppose I was looking at something under £400.

In all honesty, XLR inputs usually come with things at higher cost than £400. I’d definitely wait and put more money aside, amplifiers are something you want to invest well in. Why do you have to have XLR?