Behaviour volume button remote control REM20

Willem

The LinnDocs for the remote control Rem20 shows the next information. 

Volume Keys

Volume Plus Key

• Press once to increase the volume by one step (Only when volume control is enabled)
  • Press and hold to ramp the volume up (Only when volume control is enabled)

Volume Minus Key

• Press once to decrease the volume by one step (Only when volume control is enabled)
  • Press and hold to ramp the volume down (Only when volume control is enabled)

But the 'press and hold to ramp the volume up' (or down), does not work on my handset. The 'Press once'- options work fine.

Is this normal behaviour or is something wrong? (Batteries are ok).

49 minutes ago, Willem said:

The LinnDocs for the remote control Rem20 shows the next information. 

Volume Keys

Volume Plus Key

• Press once to increase the volume by one step (Only when volume control is enabled)
  • Press and hold to ramp the volume up (Only when volume control is enabled)

Volume Minus Key

• Press once to decrease the volume by one step (Only when volume control is enabled)
  • Press and hold to ramp the volume down (Only when volume control is enabled)

But the 'press and hold to ramp the volume up' (or down), does not work on my handset. The 'Press once'- options work fine.

Is this normal behaviour or is something wrong? (Batteries are ok).

It seems wrong. My experience from two different boxes and handsets is that holding the volume buttons ramp the volume. Which apparatus are you controlling? 

Edit: Giving this some more thought, yes I think I have experienced this on my sister’s MDSM. 

Edited by HansBertil

4 hours ago, HansBertil said:

It seems wrong. My experience from two different boxes and handsets is that holding the volume buttons ramp the volume. Which apparatus are you controlling? 

Edit: Giving this some more thought, yes I think I have experienced this on my sister’s MDSM. 

I'm using it on a Klimax DSM / Katalyst. 

1 hour ago, HansBertil said:

OK. Not very much help here, but is the firmware up to date?

Of course: 

Software Version4.81.403
Software VariantFw1000
Software Update Available: None

The problem is present since quite some time. But in my memory it once was correct. I mostly use app's to control the volume, so I didn't notice exactly when this behaviour changed.

• 2 weeks later...

@ForeeL 

@pdcman

I followed your advice and replaced the batteries, although the old ones still measured 3V. But new batteries pointed out to be the solution. Thanks! Working now as it should.

• Like 1

Yes, the remotes can be very picky about batteries.  The described problem is common with batteries that are weak as they only have enough power for the first action and not the repeated actions.  On my Lejonklou Sagatun Mono preamps a low battery has even been known to change the input selection when the volume button is pressed.  Somehow the remote sends the wrong signal.  Fresh batteries (or a another remote - I have about 5 different ones laying around) fixes things.