4 hours ago, akamatsu said:

But a DSM will totally destroy the analogue purity coming from your LP12. Say it ain't so, Joe. :D

Maybe, I don‘t care.

I have an Urika I and a Klimax Kontrol. 😜

• Like 2

14 hours ago, akamatsu said:

But a DSM will totally destroy the analogue purity coming from your LP12. Say it ain't so, Joe. :D

Not if it is only used as a streamer plugged into the KK!

• Like 1

My experience with going from Akurate Radikal to Klimax Radikal has been a huge improvement. And this was merely changing the case.

I'm mapping this experience onto the anticipated improvement going from Akurate Exakt DSM to Next Generation KSH. Others are reporting improvement over the old KSH. Going from AEDSM should be beyond my imagination huge as it would be going from little acoustic isolation to very effective acoustic isolation, along with other improvements, to which there appear to be many. But just the improved acoustic isolation is a huge factor.

just passing the time as I have a couple more weeks to wait.:D

Edited by akamatsu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hang on in there Akamatsu because you are in for a real treat!  My 11-week wait was cushioned by the (effective) loan of a KSH (thanks, Hidden Systems) which significantly bettered the ASH it replaced, but the NGKSH was a huge improvement in every department.  I struggle to put into words what I am listening to now but will say that I have never experienced such realism, immediacy, presence and detail.  Every listening session is a joy - and quite addictive actually!  The NGKSH is a truly remarkable product. 

Vic.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, vicjayl said:

Hang on in there Akamatsu because you are in for a real treat!  My 11-week wait was cushioned by the (effective) loan of a KSH (thanks, Hidden Systems) which significantly bettered the ASH it replaced, but the NGKSH was a huge improvement in every department.  I struggle to put into words what I am listening to now but will say that I have never experienced such realism, immediacy, presence and detail.  Every listening session is a joy - and quite addictive actually!  The NGKSH is a truly remarkable product. 

Vic.

I'm hanging! Thank you for this. However, I don't think you're helping my patience. :D

I experience that joy with the LP12. I'm thinking big improvement there, with a night and day improvement streaming. Most credible reports have DS vs vinyl coming down to personal taste and recording quality.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

... ordered mine in May (12th) and picked it up yesterday  - installed today😜.

All I can say is wow, absolute stunning and hardly to believe how good it is, IMHO ways better than my KEDSM 2016.

I´m so glad it did it - dear Linn great job!🖕

• Like 5

Monday was 14 weeks. No, I'm not growing impatient. :D

To further pass the time, I did some comparing of ripped CDs to Qobuz. This is also to help select what music will be streamed first through the KSH. I listened to Laurie Anderson's "Bright Red." It's not available on LP. I was alternating between the two sources. At some point, I lost track of which I was listening to, and couldn't tell. I do have a bit of bias thinking that ripped CD should sound better. Perhaps a little different. Maybe a little louder. But there would be no passing a blind test on this one. Just an interesting observation, I thought.

On 12/09/2021 at 12:16, weinconsi said:

... ordered mine in May (12th) and picked it up yesterday  - installed today😜.

All I can say is wow, absolute stunning and hardly to believe how good it is, IMHO ways better than my KEDSM 2016.

I´m so glad it did it - dear Linn great job!🖕

And we both have Katalyst Akubariks. I'll be coming from AEDSM, so double Wow! :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, akamatsu said:

And we both have Katalyst Akubariks. I'll be coming from AEDSM, so double Wow! :D

I guess it might be a triple wow... Try Anette Askvik, Liberty (album named Liberty as well) - heard this at the dealer with Michi Mono amplifiers M8, S5 and the brandnew B&W 803 D4. Nice, really nice - then back home as the first track with my NGKSH, a revelation...🤩 It was so overwhelming with details, organic music presentation (and the NGKSH has no Organik on board😜) easy recognizing of every detail without loosing anything of the whole presentation and a vocalist "one metre in front of the soundstage"... Stay calm, it will come, soon...🖕

• Like 2

On 15/09/2021 at 18:01, akamatsu said:

I lost track of which I was listening to, and couldn't tell. I do have a bit of bias thinking that ripped CD should sound better. Perhaps a little different. Maybe a little louder.

No, logical, reason why it should be better or worse if they are from the same source. It all depends on what the music company have sent to Qobuz, which is not, necessarily, the same master that was used for the CD release you ripped.

’troll

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Moomintroll said:

No, logical, reason why it should be better or worse if they are from the same source. It all depends on what the music company have sent to Qobuz, which is not, necessarily, the same master that was used for the CD release you ripped.

’troll

Even worse, in addition to different master/versions each streaming service will apply gain normalisation a bit differently. This varies between -11 dB LUFS and -16 dB LUFS (Loudness Unit Full Scale). The AES/EBU recommendation is -23 dB LUFS.

https://www.loudnesspenalty.com/#

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Baba Yaga said:

Even worse, in addition to different master/versions each streaming service will apply gain normalisation a bit differently. This varies between -11 dB LUFS and -16 dB LUFS (Loudness Unit Full Scale). The AES/EBU recommendation is -23 dB LUFS.

https://www.loudnesspenalty.com/#

But does Linn DS accept things like Replay Gain?

I notice when I browse Qobuz on the Windows App, a replay gain value is given but when I browse on Kazoo (Windows or iOS) no Replay Gain value is noted. I thought this might mean that Linn DS does not use this function….

• Like 1