New Klimax System Hub

Super Wammer
On 14/10/2021 at 02:42, Fallguy said:

Hey guys,

yestarday i ordered a ngksh in black. Delivery in about 12 weeks ūüė≠

I believe you currently have the KSH? I can't vouch for the improvement you will see, others can. But I'm at the point of declaring that the NG KSH is the biggest single upgrade to my system, ever! You are in for a big treat, in 12+ weeks. The thing is a total game changer.

I'm tempted to pull the trigger.  I have ASH -> AEB-I -> M140s.  Who thinks getting the NGKSH is a bad idea and that I should upgrade speakers first instead?

• Like 1

Super Wammer
12 minutes ago, wildwildWes said:

I'm tempted to pull the trigger.  I have ASH -> AEB-I -> M140s.  Who thinks getting the NGKSH is a bad idea and that I should upgrade speakers first instead?

Its not a bad idea at all.  Its an astonshing upgrade on ASH - see here: http://audiophilemusings.blogspot.com/2021/05/product-review-linns-next-generation.html

Not sure if there are great trade-ins for ASH against NGKSH at the moment, or if that only applies to Klimax level products.  I suspect they might be good and could sway your decision making as such offers won't last for ever.

• Like 2

Super Wammer
On 15/10/2021 at 09:52, sunbeamgls said:

Not sure if there are great trade-ins for ASH against NGKSH at the moment,

Astonishing is right! I got US$3000 for my AEDSM (2018). Was very happy with that deal. Strike while the iron is hot.

Edited by akamatsu

The deal is good I agree.  But have I maxed out my M140s already or do we think there's enough sound quality left in them to warrant the NGKSH?  ...imagine that I probably won't upgrade speakers for a few years after. 

Super Wammer
59 minutes ago, wildwildWes said:

The deal is good I agree.  But have I maxed out my M140s already or do we think there's enough sound quality left in them to warrant the NGKSH?  ...imagine that I probably won't upgrade speakers for a few years after. 

You are likely to be amazed by what they're capable of.  Your dealer should be able to demo for you.

Edited by sunbeamgls
  • Upvote 1

@sunbeamgls  In the hifi desert of Ottawa, demos are not possible.  Dealers near and far do not get expensive demo units because...  I don't know.  If I could hear a demo I would be on it like white on rice.  

That's why I ask those more experienced listeners.  @kelly200269  There is consensus that it's worth it for Exaktified Akubariks and 350s, but for lesser speakers I'm not sure yet.  Not doubting anybody that's already expressed their opinion, but I want as wide a sample as possible.

On 11/10/2021 at 11:25, akamatsu said:

For me, it's like old vinyl habits die hard. I thought I'd be listening to more DS and less LP12 with the KSH. I'm now llistening to more of both!

I did a price check on your cartridge. Wow! I'll bet it sounds wonderful. For now, my next cartridge is planned to be the Ekstatik. But the Kandid is only 15 months old. So I have some time to save up my pennies.

I got a good deal on it.  It was in  Sugano Sans private collection. It was rebuilt and sold to me for a great price.  It helps to have friends and some good luck.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, wildwildWes said:

I my experience I always found that a better front end pushed speakers to deliver more - sometimes to a surprising degree.  As we are talking here about the best front end in the world (?) and really good speakers, an improvement is guaranteed, it'll just be a matter of degree.   If money is not the major consideration, think of it like this.  Better speakers will improve your current system, but you will always be wondering what the NGKSH would do for them.  Source first, I'd say.  Fate will deliver you better speakers down the line. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, vicjayl said:

I my experience I always found that a better front end pushed speakers to deliver more - sometimes to a surprising degree.  As we are talking here about the best front end in the world (?) and really good speakers, an improvement is guaranteed, it'll just be a matter of degree.   If money is not the major consideration, think of it like this.  Better speakers will improve your current system, but you will always be wondering what the NGKSH would do for them.  Source first, I'd say.  Fate will deliver you better speakers down the line. 

I completely agree with this. I‚Äôve become loathe to mention the source first mantra on this forum, as there‚Äôs always someone who wants to get into the debate about bigger speakers producing more bass, or whatever, and, therefore, being better than a better source with lesser speakers. You say you‚Äôve ‚Äúmaxed out‚ÄĚ your M140s - can I assume that means Exakt aktiv? If so, that‚Äôs far from being a weak speaker system.¬†

Plain and simple - Majik speakers will sound better on the end of a Klimax system than a Majik one.

‚Äėtroll

Edited by Moomintroll
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, akamatsu said:

I believe you currently have the KSH? I can't vouch for the improvement you will see, others can. But I'm at the point of declaring that the NG KSH is the biggest single upgrade to my system, ever! You are in for a big treat, in 12+ weeks. The thing is a total game changer.

I have an ash upgraded by dr. Gert Volk. This ash plays over the range of a ksh.

Edited by Fallguy
  • Like 1

Super Wammer

Check this out on hierarchy. Audiophile Systems were the Linn distributor in North America a while back.

First column, last paragraph sums it up about changing speakers.

Image 1 - Linn Biased Newsletter Special Edition *Original*

Super Wammer
4 hours ago, Fallguy said:

I have an ash upgraded by dr. Gert Volk. This ash plays over the range of a ksh.

You will be astounded (blown away)! :D