2 hours ago, akamatsu said:

Hello Chris,

I've had the NG Klimax System Hub for 17 days. I came from an Akurate Exakt DSM. So I must qualify everything I say with that fact. I'm glad @Moomintroll was able to give you the old Klimax to new Klimax perspective.

The NG Klimax DSM (hub) is so good. I have a Klimax LP12. I would say that the NG KSH is better streaming digital than the Klimax LP12 into the AEDSM. Also, the only thing that would beat the NG KSH streaming is the same with a Klimax LP12, and even that might just be a matter of personal preference.  This is a huge revelation that may take time to become conventional wisdom. But I think it will. I would go so far as to say that a Linn system with the NG KSH will out perform any Linn system without a NG KDSM. Again, qualified as I came from Akurate level.

I would recommend that anyone serious about all this and that has the means to get into a NG Klimax DSM. I would even say sell everything, and get the Klimax hub with a pair of 520s, 530s (used would be the real bargain). The NG KDSM is a paradigm shift.

Cheers,

Michael

Your post is very confusing to follow, with inconsistent labelling of variants of what you first label the NG Klimax System Hub, then you mention the NG KSH, then you call it the NG KDSM and then mention the NG Klimax DSM and then the Klimax hub.

There is a big difference between the NGKSH and the NGKDSM, not the least of which the later is twice the price and has DAC’s. Your advice could be very confusing and costly to people who try to follow your posts.

Thanks for reminding us every day that you have a NGKSH and a Klimax LP12, because I am sure it makes you feel better about yourself. The rest of us, not so much.

I think most here would disagree with your suggestion that any one serious about all this and has the means to get into a ND Klimax DSM, or your next suggestion to sell everything and get the Klimax hub with a pair of 520’s and 530’s. Your first suggestion is ill advised and does not suitable for Linn systems that are Exakt. Your second suggestion is a downgrade for many people on this forum.

That said, ‘I think the NGKSH and NGKDSM are fantastic additions to the Linn family of products. 

2 hours ago, Paulssurround said:

Thanks for reminding us every day that you have a NGKSH and a Klimax LP12, because I am sure it makes you feel better about yourself. The rest of us, not so much.

Maybe a picture of @akamatsu 's system would clarify exactly what he really means? Anh what he is running?

Edited by BenHao
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BenHao said:

Maybe a picture of @akamatsu 's system would clarify exactly what he really means? Anh what he is running?

Good idea BenHao. 🙏

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Paulssurround said:

I'm not sure what has prompted this uncharacteristic comment from you Paul.   Don't we list our gear because we are proud owners, and happy with our Linn equipment whatever its position in the price hierachy?  In my early days on the old Linn forum, with very modest, cobbled-together systems indeed, it was reading owners' reviews - even of systems way beyond my then means - that helped me prioritise future purchases.   Personally, I do my bit for a world where the best is available for all within her/his own field of interest.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BenHao said:

Click on the drop down "Wigwam Info" under the user name.  It tells you there.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Chris Morton said:

Makes sense that an improved clock in the new KSH would help the sound of a Urika II, I assume because the clock signal is passed to the Urika II's electronics from KSH (thanks Moomintroll).

Yes, the Hub provides the Master clock for all connected Exakt devices, so in your proposed system, the Urika II and the Exaktboxes. While you’re spending money, you should also look at the Radikal 2 upgrade, which, not only, improves the LP12 but also the Urika.

’troll

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Paulssurround said:

Normally you're very happy to see others enjoying their systems & music and their enthusiasm about it.

• Like 3

Your post is very confusing to follow, with inconsistent labelling of variants of what you first label the NG Klimax System Hub, then you mention the NG KSH, then you call it the NG KDSM and then mention the NG Klimax DSM and then the Klimax hub.

I did predict we’d all have issues with this. The Next Generation KDSM is the KDSM/3. I assume the A/V variant is the KDSM/3/AV. The Hub is KDSM/3/Hub (IIRC without going into the loft to check the box)

Thanks for reminding us every day that you have a NGKSH and a Klimax LP12, because I am sure it makes you feel better about yourself.

Nothing wrong with a little self promotion, Paul, we all do it from time to time, don’t we?

’troll

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:

Nothing wrong with a little self promotion, Paul, we all do it from time to time, don’t we?

No, I‘m not. I have Komris 😜.

• Haha 4

your next suggestion to sell everything and get the Klimax hub with a pair of 520’s and 530’s.

Your second suggestion is a downgrade for many people on this forum.

I believe that  @Flatcoat effectively did this, as he used to have 350s IIRC and has ended up with a KDSM/3/Hub and 530s and has previously reported that it was the best sounding system he’d owned.

’troll

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It is great to see another audiophile "top trumps" thread developing. As previously noted, with this one, due to the incredibly complicated LINN naming conventions (which has never improved over 40+ years) only the most involved/geeky members of the forum will have a clue what is being talked about here. But for the five people in the world who really care I am sure the differences must be life changing.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Yes, I thought it was uncharacteristic and a little uncharitable, especially when claiming to be voicing the opinion of “the rest of us”

Maybe there are some bad vibrations between some of us. GUENSTIG may help?! 😜

Edited by Ben Webster
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, HIGHWAY61 said:

It is great to see another audiophile "top trumps" thread developing. As previously noted, with this one, due to the incredibly complicated LINN naming conventions (which has never improved over 40+ years) only the most involved/geeky members of the forum will have a clue what is being talked about here. But for the five people in the world who really care I am sure the differences must be life changing.

I’m sure there’s more than five, now…

’troll

• Haha 1