31 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

With the new clock running at femto-seconds, it’ll be interesting to see what it makes of cables used for Exaktlinks which aren’t the recommended CAT5/6.

I think it will be the same effect as now. The timing will be thrown off and the tune will suffer accordingly.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There will always be a better system somewhere out there, until we go to a live event and happen to be part of the real thing. Top hifi systems are getting closer, but the one that's more realistic th

I thought it might be useful to start a new thread dedicated to the new Klimax System Hub (KSH), for those of us with Exakt systems. There are a few who have ordered, and a few more planning on orderi

There is a good chance I will be able to bring home a Klimax DSM Organik to try out with my Katalyst Akubariks soon, but have to get through a week of home renovations first. I will compare it to

35 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Master clock is in the DS(M) - it doesn’t matter how the Exakt devices are connected. So, if Urika II is plugged into a speaker, it still gets its reference clock from the Master.

With the new clock running at femto-seconds, it’ll be interesting to see what it makes of cables used for Exaktlinks which aren’t the recommended CAT5/6.

’troll

Hmm,

just wondering how that synchronization works.

Let‘s assume we have an exakt link cable of 2m length. It takes about 6.7 nanoseconds for the electric impuls to cross that distance (more or less at the speed of light).

1 nanosecond = 1.000.000 femtoseconds.

So it takes about 6.7 mio Femtoseconds (or about 6.7 mio ticks of the master clock) for that distance between Master and slave clock.

Will it just synchronize every now and then?

1 hour ago, Wickie8166 said:

In digital systems the clock is absolutely crucial. LINN was one of the first with the NUMERIK as an external clock for the KARIK CD Player. I still use the KARIK with a MUTEC MC3+ USB which works here as a reclocking system. The sound improvement is remarkable. MUTEC has launched the Ref 10 -  a 10 MHz Clock for about 3.5K€ with excellent recommendations.
So I wonder how the signal from the URIKA 2 could take profit from the NGKSH Clock. Maybe there's a difference whether you connect it into the NGKSH first, instead of setting it into the EXAKT Chain via the Speaker-Inputs?

Maybe it makes the turntable sound like its running at 33.333333rpm rather than just 33.333rpm ;)

• Haha 2