New Klimax System Hub

15 hours ago, ToddH said:

How did you find the improvement from A-Rad to K-Rad?  

Whilst listening last night, I was trying to put into words what I was experiencing. It was very difficult. I was at a loss. I listened to London Grammar's Latest "Californian Soil." The vocals were so natural and present. I could almost see the singer. At one point I thought "this sounds really good, oh yea, I got a Klimax Radikal." I had forgotten and was just so impressed. Mind you, this is all happening in the context of a Klimax level LP12, so any changes are magnified to the maximum. I can say that in this context, the ARad to KRad upgrade is huge as it just adds enough musicality to trigger a deeper emotional response with this listener. It reminds me a lot of the upgrade to Karousel; very fundamental, across all frequencies. It's not quite to the degree of the Karousel, but it is in that direction and in the vicinity.

So back on topic, once the Klimax System Hub arrives, I imagine the KRadikal upgrade will become even more manifest. I can't imagine things sounding better than they do now. I said the same of the Circus before Karousel, and of the ARadikal.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Enthusiastic reports from reviewers and new owners of the new Klimax System Hub are not helping to assuage my impatience waiting for mine!   My 2018 variant is doing a great job, outshining its Akurate predecessor, of course, but still...  Disturbing reports about aluminium shortages and other possible hold-ups (Covid related?)  Is anyone receiving their units?  How many are Linn supplying to dealers?  Will the quoted wait times be extended?  Frustrating lack of news.  In the days of the old Forum Linn fans were better informed, I think.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, vicjayl said:

Enthusiastic reports from reviewers and new owners of the new Klimax System Hub are not helping to assuage my impatience waiting for mine!   My 2018 variant is doing a great job, outshining its Akurate predecessor, of course, but still...  Disturbing reports about aluminium shortages and other possible hold-ups (Covid related?)  Is anyone receiving their units?  How many are Linn supplying to dealers?  Will the quoted wait times be extended?  Frustrating lack of news.  In the days of the old Forum Linn fans were better informed, I think.

I'm in the same situation here. I've been very patient, but lately, I'm starting to get a little anxious. I'm seven weeks into the order and word from the dealer is that everything is officially on schedule for 10 to 12 weeks. My recent experience with the Klimax Radikal was originally quoted at four to six weeks, then revised to eight to ten weeks. It arrived within ten weeks.

I think I really just want to get the money spent so that I stop thinking about it. :D

Edited by akamatsu

On 29/07/2021 at 13:05, akamatsu said:

I think I really just want to get the money spent so that I stop thinking about it. :D

If the funds are burning a hole in your pocket, you are welcome to e-transfer them to me. I will happily then purchase the KH, and patiently await its arrival, smiling all the while.:D

So, apart from Michael above, no one else here has a NGDSM on order, no one knows (or is saying) how many units Linn is shipping to dealers, and Linn isn't commenting on the effects of reported world-wide shortages of aluminium on expected delivery dates.  Hey ho! Patience is a virtue.  They say.

Edited by vicjayl
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, vicjayl said:

So, apart from Michael above, no one else here has a NGDSM on order, no one knows (or is saying) how many units Linn is shipping to dealers, and Linn isn't commenting on the effects of reported world-wide shortages of aluminium on expected delivery dates.  Hey ho! Patience is a virtue.  They say.

April's are coming through now.

1 hour ago, vicjayl said:

I see three other names mentioned in this thread, two already have theirs and mine will be with me next week. There are also owners mentioned in other threads. I doubt we’ll ever hear production volumes, but could speculate. I’ve seen two comments, elsewhere, from Gordon Inch suggesting that each complete case takes eight hours of machining, so even with 24 hour shifts that’s only three per day, unless they have the workload spread over multiple CNCs. Obviously, if delivery of the aluminium ingots (from Germany, I’m told) is sporadic, then that number won’t be consistent. Linn have advised dealers that new orders will take 14-16 weeks for delivery - order now for early November delivery.

’troll

Edited by Moomintroll

9 minutes ago, LinnPoverished said:

Is it possible that the delays are due to demand being too high because Linn should really have priced it higher?

:)

Quite possibly an element of that, it does seem to be selling very well, although I doubt any manufacturer would say say demand was too high. However, the pandemic isn’t helping at all in terms of staffing and supply chains.

’troll

Very nice review of the new Klimax DSM on hifi.be:  ! 

https://hifi.be/artikel/30225/Review-Linn-Klimax-DSM-2021-de-climax-in-DSM-netwerkspelers.html

It could be translated towards more "universal" languages by Google or others....

Conclusion:

A statement from Scotland, and also the best network player I've ever received at home.

Much purer conversion than with an Organik DAC proves possible, it is not going to be possible in the near future I dare to predict

LD

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vicjayl said:

We are awaiting the new Hub with a promise of delivery in August. Although we live just over the River Clyde from Linn we don't get it any sooner except delivery is only  an hour away.. Waiting our turn with some impatience now! On Monday we'll contact our dealer (Loud and Clear in Glasgow) to find out the latest state of play.

That Dutch review is worth running through Google translate (paragraph by paragraph.)  He/she is impressed indeed, and describes the reproduction brilliantly.  Whets the appetite even more.  Some interesting translation though:  piano notes that leave you upright seems an interesting bonus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1