1 hour ago, Suffolkboy said:

Yes correct. I moved to the Suffolk coast hence the new name.

Good move!  I remember your regular posts on the old forum.  I learnt a lot from them - and probably spent a lot on the strenght of them!   I'm long retired, and music fills a lot of my time thanks in major part to a great system.  Really looking forward to the new Klimax Hub.  It feels a long wait!  Great development for Linn.  They obviously can't make enough of them.  Best wishes Anthony.

I ordered a NGKDSM hub at the end of April and like others, I am keenly anticipating its arrival. No delivery date as yet. My dealer (Nigel at Peter Tyson Ltd) already upgraded my 350s with Organik DAC a few weeks ago. This was a super improvement and I am now impatiently looking forward to adding the new hub upgrade as well. I live two hours or so south of Glasgow so relatively local to Linn with minimal shipping time and no customs duty clearance time (yet!). Hope this helps other lucky listeners estimate their own order deliveries.

• Like 1

FWIW, when I ordered my black NGKDSM A/V on April 13th, Linn was saying it would take 10-12 weeks. I received it on June 18th, so just under 10 weeks. It was worth the wait!

• Like 1

April 29th, so yes. Anticipation is building! I heard there was a material shortage (aluminium?) which is adding to lead times. I assume Linn manufacture to a FIFO cycle, rather than batch manufacture for a particular market.

• Like 1

Does anyone mind if I simply CLAIM that I am going to order a new KDSM so I can rack up rep points? I always thought they were given because you actually helped someone with information. Perhaps I should simply mention that I have, for example, a Klimax level LP12 (in part) to get a point for every time I mention it?

😳😂😵💫

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eldarboy said:

Does anyone mind if I simply CLAIM that I am going to order a new KDSM so I can rack up rep points? I always thought they were given because you actually helped someone with information. Perhaps I should simply mention that I have, for example, a Klimax level LP12 (in part) to get a point for every time I mention it?

😳😂😵💫

That would be an act of desperation. 🤪

On 01/08/2021 at 10:45, Moomintroll said:

@mlee so you’re now at 14 weeks?

’troll

I just got home after returning the Klimax DSM to my Linn dealer.

‘He informed me that the wait period for a new Klimax DSM/Hub is now 15 weeks, if I were to order one today.

He also mentioned that Linn has spent a lot of money on new manufacturing equipment recently, which includes new CNC machine(s) and other manufacturing equipment. This should help cut down the wait period, once that is up and running

Reached nine weeks as of yesterday. I haven't heard from the dealer and I did ask him to contact me of anything official on delivery time change. I'm sticking with 10 to 12 weeks. We shall see really soon if that holds.

All these reviews here and elsewhere are not helping my patience. :)

24 minutes ago, akamatsu said:

Reached nine weeks as of yesterday. I haven't heard from the dealer and I did ask him to contact me of anything official on delivery time change. I'm sticking with 10 to 12 weeks. We shall see really soon if that holds.

All these reviews here and elsewhere are not helping my patience. :)

Only 9 weeks? You’re going to be a wreck waiting for Akubarik Organik…

’troll

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:

Only 9 weeks? You’re going to be a wreck waiting for Akubarik Organik…

’troll

Going to be? :D

The ace in the hole on that one is............Klimax 350s!

A glance at the price tag should renew my patience.

• Haha 1

Well had a nice surprise today when Nigel from Peter Tyson dropped off a next gen hub so settling down to my first long listen, the most immediate effect is just more “airiness” and seems quieter noise floor than my KDSM kat. 

back to the music now. 🙂 but so far so good. 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Coalboy68 said:

Well had a nice surprise today when Nigel from Peter Tyson dropped off a next gen hub so settling down to my first long listen, the most immediate effect is just more “airiness” and seems quieter noise floor than my KDSM kat. 

back to the music now. 🙂 but so far so good. 

Hi Nigel

Nigel has just lent me the Organik Exaktboxes. I thought the Hub was great, but Organik Exakt is a different level altogether. Need both really.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

well really enjoying the music all last night and today. A convert except still not mad on the looks but would stick it on a shelf to hide it. 

would love to hear the Organik side and @Newton John I am sure the exakt boxes sound fab! I am on exakt 350s which are none too shabby, but will order Organik boards at the same time as I am sure they will sound phenomenal. 

only problem has been can’t seem to get the Urika 2 to play when going via sub box into the hub rather than directly into the hub even though it sees the Urika?

• Like 1