Selling my fantastic Ayre K-1XE Stereo preamp.

2 box design. Very good used condition with only few light marks/scratches on the case work. RS232 psu cable connector has piece of plastic cracked (does not affect anything). 

Comes with aftermarket remote. 

Best sounding solid state preamp I have ever heard. 

£1825 collected in SE London. 

IMG_20210503_175915.jpg

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

I own, and am impressed by, a previous model - the Ayre K-5xeMP pre. (It matches the P-5xe phono stage I also own.)

Build quality and reliability is excellent - the units feel solid and have really smooth controls. I ask quite a lot of my pre as it not only drives the amp, but I run a pair of active Bastani Prometheus 18" subs from Pre Out 2. It handles the task with aplomb.

I love my Ayre kit and both units give me a great deal of pride of ownership.

Not least amongst their attributes is the fact that the company are very much into true balanced circuitry and as I run a fully balanced analogue system that fact was uppermost in my mind when I chose Ayre.

There's every reason to suppose Ayre havent stood still since coming out with my models, so this K-1xe must be very good indeed. Price looks right to me.

Good luck with the sale Taut!

Jack NSM

Edited by Non-Smoking Man
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Non-Smoking Man said:

I own, and am impressed by, a previous model - the Ayre K-5xeMP pre. (It matches the P-5xe phono stage I also own.)

Build quality and reliability is excellent - the units feel solid and have really smooth controls. I ask quite a lot of my pre as it not only drives the amp, but I run a pair of active Bastani Prometheus 18" subs from Pre Out 2. It handles the task with aplomb.

I love my Ayre kit and both units give me a great deal of pride of ownership.

Not least amongst their attributes is the fact that the company are very much into true balanced circuitry and as I run a fully balanced analogue system that fact was uppermost in my mind when I chose Ayre.

There's every reason to suppose Ayre havent stood still since coming out with my models, so this K-1xe must be very good indeed. Price looks right to me.

Good luck with the sale Taut!

Jack NSM

Many thanks, Jack.

I ended up having 4 preamps in the house and would like at least 2 of them to find new homes. Wouldn't mind if K1 stayed in my system if other preamps sold first.

Any chance of a pic of the rear panel?

Their website does not seem to show one

1 hour ago, ovlov854 said:

Any chance of a pic of the rear panel?

Their website does not seem to show one

IMG_20210505_120336.jpg

I see that this comes with or without remote and phone stage. You state that it has an aftermarket remote. How does that compare with the original and does yours have the phone stage?

Thanks

Graeme

37 minutes ago, Vincent52 said:

I see that this comes with or without remote and phone stage. You state that it has an aftermarket remote. How does that compare with the original and does yours have the phone stage?

Thanks

Graeme

My one is with remote control option. However previous owner lost original remote so I had to adapt aftermarket handset which works exactly the same: Volume up/down and Mute. 

No phono stage. 

No original pacakging. 

• Upvote 1

Sunday bump

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, def said:

Bargain! This is a premier league Pre for peanuts

GLWTS

Thanks. This is very fine solid state preamp. Audio classic already imho. Not sure why there are no takers. 

Edited by tnorvaisas

Weekend bump. 

• 2 weeks later...

Still available.

Price reduced to £1750.