Calling all Cornwall and west Devon internet users!

radiant red

15 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Yeah no other aerial sockets so I assumed that it was that but nothing in the manual as i thought they were for WiFi 

I was bored so I looked at the user instructions. Those aerials are removable and you can connect an external aerial instead.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, radiant red said:

Yeah no other aerial sockets so I assumed that it was that but nothing in the manual as i thought they were for WiFi 

Those are LTE antennas, not WiFi, so that is where you would plug in an external antenna. Obviously the external antenna needs to have plugs that match the sockets on the router - something to watch as there are different plug specs 

• Like 1

...and depending how good the signal is inside your house, it may be unnecessary to fit an external antenna.

10 minutes ago, Fourlegs said:

I was bored so I looked at the user instructions. Those aerials are removable and you can connect an external aerial instead.

😊 yes, I was confused, so an outside aerial should have two cables going into the two sockets...

• Upvote 1

Just now, radiant red said:

😊 yes, I was confused, so an outside aerial should have two cables going into the two sockets...

Yes. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tony_J said:

Yes. 

You gotta remember that Cornwall has loads of issues... windmills, tin mines and escaping gas 😂

im assuming the area will be poor lol. 

• Haha 1

No, seriously, looking forward to getting on with this life changing move... can’t come soon enough. 

• Upvote 1