Phono stages up to £2K.

I know Cyrus can be a bit marmite but I recently moved from aTrichord Dino to a Cyrus Phono signature and I love it. No more dip/din switches and so easy to adjust gain/load etc. The PSX-R in my opinion makes a noticeable difference too.

• Like 1

On 16/05/2021 at 19:37, STEVE R said:

I know Cyrus can be a bit marmite but I recently moved from aTrichord Dino to a Cyrus Phono signature and I love it. No more dip/din switches and so easy to adjust gain/load etc. The PSX-R in my opinion makes a noticeable difference too.

That Cyrus has a very good reputation indeed for Sound quality.:geek:

On 12/05/2021 at 14:40, MrSammy said:

If I was paying 2 Grand for a Phono stage it had better support a fully balanced input and have load changing via relay switches whilst the device was powered on.

Relays may not be the answer either, fine if the selection keeps the relay unpowered, but if powered then the relay gets tired being continuously on and over time the contact weakens. This can be overcome by using latching or SR relays. These keep there position without power, ideal for processor controlled interfaces, note to self add a STM processor, touch screen, and remote, with SR latches to next generation of PS1. Now that would be sexy 

Jessica xx

• Like 1

On 13/05/2021 at 11:34, radiant red said:

Agreed about dipswitches. None on the Sugden. This is probably the quietest stage I’ve used. I’ve always found dip switches add noise 

93B7B744-FE6D-49E0-ABD2-20E8AF64687A.jpeg

Retail £2,200, if its the PA-4.

Jack

31 minutes ago, Non-Smoking Man said:

Retail £2,200, if its the PA-4.

Jack

Worth every penny, allows connection of three arms or decks simultaneously and has two outputs allowing me to play in either class A or class A/B amps and depending on my mood or preference for a particular deck/arm/cartridge combination or record being played. Worth the extra £200 I think because it’s almost two phonostages in one 😊

On 13/05/2021 at 11:34, radiant red said:

Agreed about dipswitches. None on the Sugden. This is probably the quietest stage I’ve used. I’ve always found dip switches add noise 

93B7B744-FE6D-49E0-ABD2-20E8AF64687A.jpeg

Interesting they only claim -75db signal to noise and is a solid state design using off the shelf current and voltage feedback op amps with relays to select inputs and outputs

Jessica xx

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jessica_k said:

Interesting they only claim -75db signal to noise and is a solid state design using off the shelf current and voltage feedback op amps with relays to select inputs and outputs

Jessica xx

As always Jessica, proof is in the listening 😊 it will just have to wait till the bake-off as it’s packed ready to move. My initial point was mentioned in the other thread was what we are getting for our money in comparison to the new MF M3x