Jump to content

Appealing a Paypal Decision


Recommended Posts

Hi, has anyone got any good advice regarding this? I ordered some goods via AliExpress that were never delivered. AliExpress refused a refund or to help and Paypal have now refused a refund too, stating that 'the seller has provided evidence of delivery' This is patent bunkum as the tracking data (attached) says 'delivery unsuccessful' and no card was left and the house attended at all times. I know I can refer the case to the Financial Ombudsman. I'm not sure whether the Credit Card co will help as it's PayPal and only $40. It's the principle of course!

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Juancho said:

Hi, has anyone got any good advice regarding this? I ordered some goods via AliExpress that were never delivered. AliExpress refused a refund or to help and Paypal have now refused a refund too, stating that 'the seller has provided evidence of delivery' This is patent bunkum as the tracking data (attached) says 'delivery unsuccessful' and no card was left and the house attended at all times. I know I can refer the case to the Financial Ombudsman. I'm not sure whether the Credit Card co will help as it's PayPal and only $40. It's the principle of course!

David, I assume you've sent the tracking data that you have to Paypal? Like you, it's all about the principle for me, too. a couple of quid might be different, but $40 is a reasonable amount. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Juancho said:

Hi, has anyone got any good advice regarding this? I ordered some goods via AliExpress that were never delivered. AliExpress refused a refund or to help and Paypal have now refused a refund too, stating that 'the seller has provided evidence of delivery' This is patent bunkum as the tracking data (attached) says 'delivery unsuccessful' and no card was left and the house attended at all times. I know I can refer the case to the Financial Ombudsman. I'm not sure whether the Credit Card co will help as it's PayPal and only $40. It's the principle of course!

Have you tried speaking to PayPal on the telephone? I have previously sorted all sorts of things with them by telephoning.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have found PayPal to be very helpful if you phone them up.

I've used this number (a few years ago) 02080806500

EDIT  4legs beat me to it!

Edited by JANDL100
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the input. The person on the end of the phone was actually no help. Despite there being no evidence of delivery-signature, photo-they say tracking is proof of delivery. In parallel, I used PayPal's chat system and have been offered a voucher for the purchase amount which I'll happily accept!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I probably should have added the tracking data they have states successful delivery on a day when we were definitely in all day a week after the 'unsuccessful delivery'. The item was 'supposedly delivered' on the day I raised the non delivery dispute......

Link to post
Share on other sites

I often wonder how well international tracking works, does it say which company delivered it as it obviously wasn'tnt China Post!

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Juancho said:

Thanks for the input. The person on the end of the phone was actually no help. Despite there being no evidence of delivery-signature, photo-they say tracking is proof of delivery. In parallel, I used PayPal's chat system and have been offered a voucher for the purchase amount which I'll happily accept!

Result! Great stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Even seems like I've received two vouchers! Re tracking, final delivery was Royal Mail but without any proof of delivery it's meaningless. We were in all those days, covering other deliveries. Royal Mail even delivered two other packages that day so somewhere along the line something got confused. Just as shame you have to fight for these things, rather than Amazon's much more user friendly experience

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stating the obvious, but have you checked the package isn't sitting abandoned at your local sorting office?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I am a tad surprised - have bought lots from Ali Express and they have always refunded when goods not received.  I did move to the tracked delivery after a number of failures (which costs a bit more) and have not had a single item go missing since.

Next time use your credit card - they are usually pretty good on charging back where items are not received - and if over £100 in the uk you get full consumer protection. 
 

Hope you get the matter resolved

Edited by uzzy
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, uzzy said:

I am a tad surprised - have bought lots from Ali Express and they have always refunded when goods not received.  I did move to the tracked delivery after a number of failures (which costs a bit more) and have not had a single item go missing since.

Next time use your credit card - they are usually pretty good on charging back where items are not received - and if over £100 in the uk you get full consumer protection. 
 

Hope you get the matter resolved

Thanks Uzzy, happily resolved now. I'm not sure what the credit co does if you have bought through PayPal? Ali Express is the pits. No appeal mechanism and ignored the tracking data which clearly showed delivery unsuccessful. I won't use them again (unless forced!:D)

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, uzzy said:

I am a tad surprised - have bought lots from Ali Express and they have always refunded when goods not received.  I did move to the tracked delivery after a number of failures (which costs a bit more) and have not had a single item go missing since.

Next time use your credit card - they are usually pretty good on charging back where items are not received - and if over £100 in the uk you get full consumer protection. 
 

Hope you get the matter resolved

PayPal rates of exchange are poor as well, if you are buying in a foreign currency, best to use credit card that does not charge forex fees.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Juancho said:

Thanks Uzzy, happily resolved now. I'm not sure what the credit co does if you have bought through PayPal? Ali Express is the pits. No appeal mechanism and ignored the tracking data which clearly showed delivery unsuccessful. I won't use them again (unless forced!:D)

If you bought through Paypal with your credit card as the funds provision, you are in effect paying for Paypal service not the item as such (in the card company's eyes) so they cannot charge it back.  As for Ali Express whenever I have raised a dispute (though the most expensive item I did a complaint for non receipt on was less than £15) they have been great .. so i was a tad surprised to see you having a problem.  

I use them and Gearbest quite a bit (vaping stuff like atomisers and glass tanks etc) as for Ali I got stainless steel doorsill protectors for £17 (£70 plus vat at the dealer) and similar stuff.  Replacement fob and key for my car was less than £20 and the dealer wanted over £40.  So I am prepared to take the risk but the purchases are all under £20 (the reason being not getting caught for customs too).  Here is there dispute process which has so far always worked for me.  https://www.aliexpress.com/buyerprotection/how_do_i_open_a_dispute.html

Edited by uzzy
additional data
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I had a problem a few years ago, and had some stuff showing up as delivered, but not to my house, which I had paid for on paypal. I eventually realised that paypal had used the address of my old house. It has similar post code and neighbours doors numbers were the same as to my new house. Having got cross with all my new neighbours, eventually after much correspondence deciphered the signature as my old next door neighbour's, who had returned the original package for some reason, and the second attempt the buyer of my old has had received the package, opened it and just put it on a shelf and forgotten about it.......  I know I am a daft person but I had been living in and buying things using paypal in my new house for a couple of years before this happened.

Edited by dave
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...