WTD: Snappy musical midrange speakers!

Hi All,

Intriguing title I know :) Having recently suffered some immediate and permanent hearing damage, really bloody annoying and way too tragic to go into here, I now find myself looking for a new sound.

So I'm looking for speakers that have a snappy musical midrange. Standard cone (or maybe horn loaded?) speakers as opposed to ribbons or panels, and not too bass heavy as the acoustics in my room are awful so I'm using twin REL subs to manage the bass.

To be honest I don't really care what they are, it's about the music, and my budget would be in the region of £500 but would consider higher for the right speakers. That said I would also happily go lower, no snobbery here, I just want to enjoy music.

So I'm open to both suggestions and offers, with an eye on musicality and midrange to die for.

By the way, I currently have Magnepan LRS speakers and would consider a swap scenario if that helps, or I'm happy to take offers if anyone is interested.

Hi Gary, I have some Audio Physic Spark floor standers that may fit the bill. Only wrinkle is that I'm in Plymouth - I could travel a little way. They fit into your budget too 

58 minutes ago, myles said:

Hi Gary, I have some Audio Physic Spark floor standers that may fit the bill. Only wrinkle is that I'm in Plymouth - I could travel a little way. They fit into your budget too 

Hi Myles, that does appear to be a suitable contender thanks. Travelling is an issue for me though, so I'll need to give it some thought. What is the finish and price please? Are they in good condition?

2 minutes ago, Gary said:

Hi Myles, that does appear to be a suitable contender thanks. Travelling is an issue for me though, so I'll need to give it some thought. What is the finish and price please? Are they in good condition?

Gary, I'll send you a message.

Posted (edited)

After you've got some spkrs maybe consider some little Batpure tweeters ? I think they will help with your hearing issues & are inexpensive too. M.

Edited by garn63
1 hour ago, garn63 said:

After you've got some spkrs maybe consider some little Batpure tweeters ? I think they will help with your hearing issues & are inexpensive too. M.

That's very interesting thank you, I hadn't even considered that. Cheers.

2 hours ago, Gary said:

Nice pair of speakers these are. Sound great and I really enjoyed them. Were mine before @myles 👍

• Upvote 1

If of any interest pm me.

Gary,

I have these as another option for you to consider:-

Feel free to PM me if you are interested. Depending on where you are, I may be interested in your Maggies.

Or the ProAc Tablettes here in the classifieds. Fabulous midrange and ‘snappy  and musical’ if you’re after speakers which are easy to place and don’t have crazy bass…! 

• Like 1

One brand I've owned and which seemed to focus on the midrange more than most these days is Usher.

8 hours ago, Jezzer said:

Or the ProAc Tablettes here in the classifieds. Fabulous midrange and ‘snappy  and musical’ if you’re after speakers which are easy to place and don’t have crazy bass…! 

Seconded.:geek:

1 hour ago, Gary said:

Great, thanks guys, lots to think over, very much appreciated :)

Gary, 

Like I say depending upon your location I may be interested in your Maggies if you want to PM me.