WTD small, Sensitive(ish) bookshelf speakers

Posted (edited)

To run with Sugden a21al. Just wanted to see what’s the best I can get for £500

Edited by tackleberry

• tackleberry changed the title to WTD small, Sensitive(ish) bookshelf speakers

52 minutes ago, sidsmut said:

Thanks for the offer. I borrowed a pair a few years ago,  didn't get on with them personally

37 minutes ago, t1no said:

These might suit. I have a mint pair with metallic grey side panels. Might be slightly over budget. 

I'll take a look at those👍

Absolute max is £600. I like proac or similar but open to any offer.👍

I keep recommending these to folk wanting speakers in this price range, love mine, and don't be fooled into thinking they will not be easy to drive when looking at the specs down below, no problem for my 35w valve amp only turn it up to no. 9m, maybe no. 10 if she's not in. :D  There is also a pair of Sota Cesti B's further down, but they take you over budget. Another plus, they come in a choice of colours:  Markaudio Sota Cesti MBR Speakers (pair) New | eBay

Nearly forgot, would these be any good for you, advertised on here Frugel Horn Mk3 speakers with Mark Audio Alpair 7MS drivers - Private HiFi Classifieds - HiFi WigWam

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, antonio66 said:

I keep recommending these to folk wanting speakers in this price range, love mine, and don't be fooled into thinking they will not be easy to drive when looking at the specs down below, no problem for my 35w valve amp only turn it up to no. 9m, maybe no. 10 if she's not in. :D  There is also a pair of Sota Cesti B's further down, but they take you over budget. Another plus, they come in a choice of colours:  Markaudio Sota Cesti MBR Speakers (pair) New | eBay

Ive tried Mark audio drivers.

I’ve got 22-25 watts in the Sugden apparently, it struggled with a few pairs of speakers I’ve tried, and to be honest I usually only buy floorstanders but the man cave is like a ‘studio’ setup. They sit on worktop, the place requires a lot of treatment to make it sound anything like. It’s a work in progress !

Edited by tackleberry

7 hours ago, Howard71 said:

Monitor Audiio Silver 100 in gloss black, mint as new with Atacama stands £500

Thanks for the offer bud. I’ve had a few pairs of monitor audio when I was younger, fancy something different.

8 hours ago, Howard71 said:
35 minutes ago, billthewiz said:

I’ve got a some proac D1s but looking for £750 + p&p bit over your budget. 

Would you consider a px of some kind😬

9 hours ago, Howard71 said:
14 minutes ago, billthewiz said:

Ok what you got 😜

Well, looking at your setup, maybe nothing your interested in! CD players mainly